Bespoke fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I was able to get my new shop set up to a rudimentary state of penmaking capability (I.e. one lathe and a light running off an extension cord from the house), so this is my first pen in several months. I made it from vintage blue lined cellulose acetate, black acrylic, and argentium silver. I saw some neat examples of vintage pens with large engraved barrel bands at the DC pen show, so I thought it would be fun to try something in a similar vein. I engraved a running leaf style border on all the trim. It uses a 12.5mm cap thread and is just shy of 5" capped. It is threaded for a jowo 6 nib.
630C379F-5924-4FB3-A992-4D517E3F6C13.jpeg
81CE977C-B31F-4431-9B1A-6E25F3ECB72C.jpeg
4D2BE34C-002D-4F97-A98B-FA44D526232B.jpeg
211CAF12-0951-46C1-818A-35154C2E5054.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

You used the B word! You have been found guilty by the elders of the town of using a forbidden word and so as a blasphemer! You are to be stoned to death!
😂
Not a critique really, overall the finished pen is stunning, but I'm not convinced by the center part of the cap finial. That dark area seems doesn't belong there.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful. I understand Fred B's comments, but actually like the subtle appearance of the Cabachon center. And for the 'B' word... to me it is a reference that will fade in the wind as all useless fads. Sounds just silly and cliche.

jalbert

Beautiful. I understand Fred B's comments, but actually like the subtle appearance of the Cabachon center. And for the 'B' word... to me it is a reference that will fade in the wind as all useless fads. Sounds just silly and cliche.
Background removal made the leaves pop more than leaving it polished. I enjoy "bespoke " just for the amount of hate it gets from people on here.

PatrickR

Another beautiful pen!
I'm curious what it weighs?
i think bespoke sort of applies to a commissioned pen, but guess a tailor would consider it blasphemous.

jalbert

Another beautiful pen!
I'm curious what it weighs?
i think bespoke sort of applies to a commissioned pen, but guess a tailor would consider it blasphemous.
Yes, I agree. Bespoke is not particularly applicable here, but the rage it elicits from people makes me laugh.

Looking at 28g
AED9A88D-13AF-4270-B776-A1E60297225E.jpeg

jrista

Beautiful pen! Always love your engraving, but wow, that blank is something else! I'm a real sucker for vintage blanks, it seems... (Going through my inventory, it appears I've amassed near $2000 worth of vintage blanks or rods of various vintage materials.) This is a truly beautiful blank, and you made a pen worthy of it.

I am curious...having seen a number of your beautiful engravings now. How did you develop that skill? It is such fine, delicate details. Did it take a long time to get to where you are now? Its quite a skill to have. Definitely helps set your pens apart. Beautiful work as always.

Yes, I agree. Bespoke is not particularly applicable here, but the rage it elicits from people makes me laugh.

🤣 I'm...beginning to understand this!! 🤣 Pure RAGE! 😂

Thanks for the laugh!! Ah, the flabergasted dumfoundedness at the whole bespoke thing here... :p

Top Bottom