Bert & Ernie, Animal, Wonder Woman, Peanuts, The Mouse, Military Buttons, Police, and Fishing!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I haven't had a lot of time or space to turn with the shop being under remodeling but I had a few blanks set a side for gifts so I took yesterday off to turn them.

The first few are some character watch faces that I cast in Alumilite Clear for family members. . . . . Bert and Ernie over Snow Opal and Animal Muppet over Green Opal on two tone chrome sierra, Peanuts Gang, Wonder Woman, and The Mouse over Galaxy Opal on an Exotic Blanks Ti Gold and Chrome Knurl Sierra, another Mouse on red abalone, a Gold Mouse over Night Opal on a Black Ti and Ti Gold Exotic Blanks Ellipse, a group of Army and an American Legion Buttons over assorted camo and American Flags on Exotic Blanks Gold and Chrome Carbine. These are Bolt Action blanks but they are the same size at the Carbine tubes and work very well as a twist ball point. These are gifts to some of my sons friends / 6th grade boys who were fascinated with the Army button blanks when they seen them under construction. Next is a PSI Fly Fishing pen with one of my experimental cast using fishing line. I'm still not sure if I like it enough to make more. ??? The last is a pen I made from a miniature state police badge pin over the American Flag background. I had to sand it down to bend it. The metal didn't hold up as well as I hoped while bending. Its going to a friend I made through work more than 20 years ago.

Thanks for all comments and constructive criticism!

Sesame Street.JPG Animal Muppet.JPG Peanuts.JPG Wonder Woman.JPG Mickey Red Abalone.JPG Mickey gold.JPG Group 3.JPG American Legion Bolt Action - Carbine.JPG Fishing Pen.JPG State Police.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well John,

You asked for constructive criticism: You don't construct ENOUGH of them!!!
Great pens, as always!!! Thanks for using our kits!!

mick

John, wow! Just wow! I really, really like the character watch faces. My wife is a huge Peanuts fan! Do you happen to have the materials and or plans to make anymore like that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JohnU

Thank you all. Most of the watch dials were collected over a long period of gathering. Each one is special to the persons childhood. I probably had more fun making them than they will have getting them. 😊

JohnU

Well John,

You asked for constructive criticism: You don't construct ENOUGH of them!!!
Great pens, as always!!! Thanks for using our kits!!
Ha ha! Thanks Ed! I hope that will improve after I get the new shop done. After that I also hope to use more of your kits! 😬

Top Bottom