Berea Virage Ballpoint Error

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

The instructions for the Berea Hardwoods Virage ballpoint Platinum pen kit have a fatal error.

Assemble the Pen
1. Press the small end of the finial transmission adaptor into the finial until it stops.
2. Slide the clip over the above assembly and press into one end of your blank.

Once I've pressed the adaptor into the finial, the clip will not slide over the adaptor from the other direction. And it is impossible to remove the adaptor from the finial to correct the problem. The kit is ruined. Or at least clipless and rolls right off the desk. :confused:

Well now I see that the link to the instructions for the Chrome version of the same pen has a different url, where apparently the correction has been made.

Ed-- maybe correct this at EB.com so future customers don't duplicate my mistake.

Todd in PA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
BTW, the kit you incorrectly assembled is not ruined.

Simply use a dremel tool to grind the inside diameter of the clip hole until it fits over the coupler. Then, when you complete the assembly, the pen body will hold the clip in place.

Not so true any more, but a Dremel tool with a grinding wheel was ALWAYS on my bench when I made pens in the early 2000's. Minor adjustments were extremely common.

MedWoodWorx

The instructions for the Berea Hardwoods Virage ballpoint Platinum pen kit have a fatal error.

Once I've pressed the adaptor into the finial, the clip will not slide over the adaptor from the other direction. And it is imp

Once I've pressed the adaptor into the finial, the clip will not slide over the adaptor from the other direction. And it is impossible to remove the adaptor from the finial to correct the problem. The kit is ruined. Or at least clipless and rolls right off the desk. :confused:

Well now I see that the link to the instructions for the Chrome version of the same pen has a different url, where apparently the correction has been made.

Ed-- maybe correct this at EB.com so future customers don't duplicate my mistake.

Todd in PA
Why not keep it like that, it should look even better clipless. If you like you could add a small metal ball (a small bit of a tiny rod) as a stop so that it wouldn't roll off the table.

Top Bottom