Berea Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Has anyone tried the Berea Epoxy Resin? I figured I'd give Epoxy one more try. All the other brands yellowed either in the can or the pen yellowed after time. Anyway my question to those that tried Berea's is that I saw it has a demoed time of 3-4 hours. The other epoxy had a demons time of 24 hours. At least the few I tried. I just ordered some spicy thought I'd try to get a little feedback while I'm waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for any suggestions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bats

I just ordered some spicy thought I'd try to get a little feedback while I'm waiting for it to arrive.
Mmm... spicy thoughts! Gotta love that autocorrect.

I haven't tried it, but I know @Joebobber snagged one of the free samples they were offering a few weeks ago. It didn't sound like a great experience, but I'll leave it to him to tell.

Kenny Durrant

Bats I hope he sees this. As far as auto correct goes I'm one of the ones that proofreads too late. I thought I'd looked it over but apparently not close enough. I was a little concerned because when I ordered it I asked for the Epoxy Resin. The woman said they didn't have any of that. She said epoxy is glue they just have casting resin and UV resin. I guess since it's new they're still learning. Thanks for the heads up.

Bats

Bats I hope he sees this.
Well, the forums usually give a notification if someone @'s you, so hopefully he will.

As far as auto correct goes I'm one of the ones that proofreads too late. I thought I'd looked it over but apparently not close enough.
But what would I do for entertainment if you caught all the amusing autocorrections?

I was a little concerned because when I ordered it I asked for the Epoxy Resin. The woman said they didn't have any of that. She said epoxy is glue they just have casting resin and UV resin. I guess since it's new they're still learning.
"Epoxy is glue." :rolleyes:

That's a little disturbing. It even says "Epoxy" right on the label.

The thread is also supposed to read demold. No demons or demoed.
Actually, now that you bring it up, demons could explain a whole array of casting issues. And epoxy is exothermic when setting, which could be caused by infernal heat leaking through from the pits of hell. And I've definitely used language that's likely to get me damned when it hasn't worked properly... I really think you're onto something here.

Joebobber

Yeah i was 1 of the "lucky" people who got a free sample. When it came, 1 of the bottles had leaked all over which removed their instructions. Since they were the same size I mixed them 1:1 ratio. I cast a pau abalone blank. Unfortunately I don't know where my pictures went but I will keep looking. I put it in my pressure pot and it came out nothing but bubbles. It really was terrible and I have never touched it again. Once you see pictures you will understand. Found it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210902-074201_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-074201_Samsung Internet.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

darrin1200

Yeah. I was asking about experiences with this in another thread.

It doesn't sound like something I want to go to the expense of having shipped to Canada.

Kenny Durrant

That's not pretty. It's already on the way so I guess I'll go ahead and see what happens. I've seen better without a pressure pot. It's in the pricey side so I hope they take better care when shipping. Thanks for for input.

Joebobber

That's not pretty. It's already on the way so I guess I'll go ahead and see what happens. I've seen better without a pressure pot. It's in the pricey side so I hope they take better care when shipping. Thanks for for input.
It was my wife that mixed and poured it. I guess I don't know if she didn't mix it long enough or mixed it too much, or if it had a reaction of some sorts to the pau abalone or the mold or the cup or because it opened during shipping, or what happened. But my wife is really pretty good at casting and stuff.

Top Bottom