Benefit auction+2 cactus pens=$1,000!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I posted a few days ago about a local benefit auction that I was donating some pens to. Well, the event was last night and needless to say, it was a TREMENDOUS success! This was a hospital foundation fundraising Gala with the who's who of my town in attendance. They had 100 or so silent auction items and 8 live auction items.

I made a his and hers set Statesman and Jr. Statesman Black cactus in Platinum. I also made a mesquite/glass display case and included a little write up on how the cactus pens are made.

The response was outstanding! Out of the 100 or so silent auction items, my pens were the most popular and highest selling, receiving 25 bids for a total selling price of $1,000! There were 6 unique bidders and a bidding war between 2 doctors for the final $300. My wife and I were in attendance and it was really fun watching the price go up and up! They even ran out of room on the bid sheet and started writing on the back. The organizer already asked me to make another set for next year and they plan to include them in the live auction!

I got to meet some good contacts and had 8 of my business cards picked up from the display. The wife of the guy that lost the bid at the end came up to me afterwards and asked for a card. She said she would be getting with me for Christmas gifts!

Anyway, it was a great event and I helped raise some pretty good money to help renovate the maternity ward at the hospital. It realy feels good to be appreciated!

Here are the pics:

Cactushisandhers2.jpg

This is the display case with the pens as displayed at the event. Unfortunately I was running behind and my photo tent was not large enough. Also, I found it really hard to take photos through glass!

Cactushisandherswithbox1.jpg

Cactushisandherswithbox2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

CONGRATS. Beautiful pens and a beautiful display case. Interested in making display cases?[:D] I could use a couple like that.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Awesome!!!!!!!!!! The pens themselves "stand alone" but your display was the bull horn that said "Take a look over here!"
It must have been a truly gratifying feeling to know that something you created with your own hands was responsible for such a nice monetary donation to the hospital.
I took part in an auction similar to this once and to this day<b>(almost a year later)</b> I don't know what the results were.[:(]

lwalden

Fantastic! Right place + Right time + Top Notch product should equal all kinds of open doors for high end contacts and opportunities in the future... Congrats!!

chigdon

Now regardless of HOW they sold you can tell people they sell for $500 each -- even if you sell them for less. You now have a market price.

rpasto92

I can't say I agree with Chris that $500 each is a market price. Not anything against the pens themself, they are lovely and very original, but doctors bidding at a charity auction for a hospital fundraiser will be more inclined to over pay for something because it's a good cause.

With that said...I REALY hope that I draw Curtis in the next Pen in the Hat swap [:D]...a cactus pen will look very nice in my case beside my Ron M. Morning After pen!!!

chigdon

I don't mean that he will necessarily be able to sell them routinely for $500 (although I am pulling for him doing that) but he can always say they have sold for upwards of $500. It gives more credibility and makes $250 sound like a bargain.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Excellent!!!

Congratulations!!!

&lt;a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxdm824YYUS%2526i%253D4%252F4%255F17%255F209%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;img src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_209.gif" alt="SmileyCentral.com" border="0"&gt;&lt;img border="0" src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fimgfarm%252Ecom%252Fimages%252Fnocache%252Ftr%252Ffw%252Fsmiley%252Fsocial%252Egif%253Fi%253D4%252F4_17_209/image.gif"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

OK, that didn't work!!! Picture a few smilies, bowing down, then getting up, saying "You're the man!!!!"

Your imagination is probably better than the little icon anyhow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom