Bench grinder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I have no name 6" one shouted bench grinder that I use for everyday chores. I won't grind just any old junk on my "good" wheels that are on my 8" dedicated Wolverine grinder... Haha
Anyway the el cheapo began starting up very slow and if you try using it before it's up to speed it'll stall out. Motor, brushes, or garbage? I'm thinking a new Harbor Freight 8"is in the future. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Likely the start capacitor is getting weak an will fail. Unplug and remove the hump looking cover. Short out the charge across the terminals with a screwdriver, keeping your fingers on the handle and not the shaft. Get the information off the capacitor and hunt down a new one in a motor shop or on your favourite online site.

mick

Thanks, I figure before I go to that much trouble I'll get another from Harbor Freight. I didn't pay a much for it and it lasted several years. Maybe upgrade to an 8". I use the wire wheel more than anything so it'll last until the wife will let me go to HF. They might not even be open.

jttheclockman

Thanks, I figure before I go to that much trouble I'll get another from Harbor Freight. I didn't pay a much for it and it lasted several years. Maybe upgrade to an 8". I use the wire wheel more than anything so it'll last until the wife will let me go to HF. They might not even be open.

Not much of an upgrade from HF. Maybe you like the warrenty.

mick

Not much of an upgrade from HF. Maybe you like the warrenty.
Nah, but I've still have my big grinder but I've got my white wheels on it with my wolverine jig on it. All I use the smaller one for is odds and end jobs. Mostly use the wire wheel.

Top Bottom