Bench Buffer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kooster

Can anyone suggest a decent, moderate priced variable speed bench top buffer? I've looked at the PSI model but unanimous reviews indicate a problem with the wheels flying off due to the step design of the arms and no way to attach the buffing wheels. Thanks for any references.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kirkfranks

I use the PSI model. I have never had a problem with the wheels coming off in use. The arms are threaded so the rotation causes the wheels to get tight on the shaft.
The wheels are sort of small and I have used the beal setup on a lathe which is nicer, but it is not a bench top unit.

kooster

Thank you for your replies. I'm not sure to what extent the variable speed is important as far as buffing woods v. acrylics. As I mentioned, I only saw the feedback about the PSI model and the wheels coming off. I wasn't quite sure myself how this was possible. I also did see the HF model and again, I'm not sure how important the VS is for buffing. I'd appreciate any further thoughts on the VS component. Thanks again gentlemen for your help.

dabeeler

Go with the Beal, get the quick change adapter and an old motor, make a stand out of a 4X6 post with holes drilled around the side for buff storage and you will have a system that can buff both small items and large items.

airborne_r6

I use the HF one. I really cant see VS being necessary. If you want I suppose you could use either bigger or smaller wheels to vary the speed but I have never needed to slow my 6" one down.

Jim Burr

Banned
Your lathe for starters...get a piece of all-thread, corresponding nuts and some 2" washers with the appropriate size holes. Same place (Lowes, Home Schleppo) should have buffing wheels too. Assemble according to logic, tighten all stuff and buff away!

Top Bottom