Beginner from Georgia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OmegaTurner

Salutations!
The name's Ben, and I've only just started with turning pens, in fact I only have one that I've turned myself. I was introduced to the whole thing by my good friend Drstrangefart. As soon as I get the funds to put into more kits, I'll be turning more pens. I'm excited about it, and will be posting my pens as soon as I get them turned!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Hi Ben. Welcome to the IAP. Enjoy the site.
There is a ton of great information stored here.

Padre

Welcome from Connecticut! There are tons of folks on the site ready, willing and able to help. So ask questions and read the forums!

Make sure you check out the library too, it has a TON of great information about almost all aspects of pen turning.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from southern California!

I'm putting a few links in here for reference –
This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

This link tells of some "out of the box" tools/aids for pen turners http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66178

This one is a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't. http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

dplloyd

SC in TX

Welcome from TX. Your friends sign on name cracks me up! Happy turnings. Lots of good natured humorous folks here.

oh yeah. GO SC!! Wooo!!!!!!!

PenMan1

Welcome, Ben.
I'm not too far from you. Send me a PM with your address. I'll send you some slim kits you can use for practice.

Welcome aboard.

Brooks803

Welcome from across the border (please don't hold that against me :tongue:) Can't wait to see some of your work once you get going. This is a great group to be a part of and you'll be warmly welcomed. Best of luck with your turnings and check out the sites library for some references to get you started!

Drstrangefart

Welcome, Ben.
I'm not too far from you. Send me a PM with your address. I'll send you some slim kits you can use for practice.

Welcome aboard.

Ben is actually using my rig to turn stuff out. Until the future bothers to get here, and he gets his own shop set up that is. We're probably gonna be learning quite a bit at roughly the same time. :biggrin:

ctubbs

Ben welcome.
You have come to a place where good answers and knowledge flows like a good fresh spring in the dessert. I have been here about a month and been taught more than I learned in the past two years on my own. Ask and you shall receive.

Atherton Pens

Welcome from another Georgian!

Good luck with the pen turning. It's a real pleasure to turn a good pen and have someone appreciate your work.

There's lots of sources for pen kits, just ask if you need help finding online suppliers.

Top Bottom