Before and after

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I showed this checkerboard pattern a few weeks ago. Precision was horrible so I disassembled and remade the pen with a Celtic knot pattern. Woods are Bolivian rosewood and maple.
318E7573-B83C-4503-8790-BE4A14B87E10.jpeg
30ACFFE7-FC71-4778-8E74-80159797AF38.jpeg
7176D2D1-9E85-401A-B806-D8EB9C42587C.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Ken, I wish that I could get my squares to line up as accurately as the ones that you are displeased with.
I suppose that we are very critical of our own work.
Anyway, I like the top pen a well as the celtic knot one.
Alan

sorcerertd

They are both fantastic pens! I had to look at the checkered one closely to see if I could find what you didn't like about it. The only thing I could see was that partial checker at the top. Is that the part you were dissatisfied with? I'm jealous even of that one.

The celtic knot is definitely superb! Before I read the text, I thought it was bubinga and maple. No matter what woods you use, Ken, I do enjoy seeing the precision in your work.

KenB259

They are both fantastic pens! I had to look at the checkered one closely to see if I could find what you didn't like about it. The only thing I could see was that partial checker at the top. Is that the part you were dissatisfied with? I'm jealous even of that one.

The celtic knot is definitely superb! Before I read the text, I thought it was bubinga and maple. No matter what woods you use, Ken, I do enjoy seeing the precision in your work.
The checkered one had multiple issues. Partial checker at top, squares aren't perfectly aligned, but the biggest issue was the end caps weren't even close to being the same size.

sorcerertd

The checkered one had multiple issues. Partial checker at top, squares aren't perfectly aligned, but the biggest issue was the end caps weren't even close to being the same size.
Oh, now that you mention it, I do see the different size ends. Pretty sure we are all our own worst critics anyway. I'm checking out pens that are posted here, but not scrutinizing them as I do my own. Also, the little flaws that show up in my pictures that I didn't see until it was blown up larger than life drive me nuts. You can't unsee them.

KenB259

Todd, you were correct, the woods are bubinga and maple. The center of the knot is Bolivian rosewood. I stand corrected.

Top Bottom