Been lurking for a while. I guess it's time to show what I've learned from y'all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

Being stuck at home, work from home, no travel, I have had ample opportunity to grow my skill. Most of what I learned, I learned here, and I tried to emulate. This past year, I got into GISI styled blanks, more celtic knots, etc. I also jumped head-on into stabilizing blanks, and have had a ton of fun with that whole setup. We had a willow tree taken down 5 years ago, and I saved a big burl from that tree, which I have made into many different color burl blanks.

I also learned about the Magic Skew, bought one, and will never change tools. I really like it!

Anyway, Thanks to everyone here who posts pictures, or articles for the library. I have learned a tremendous amount. Now, I just need to improve my skills.

Attachments

• IMG_9266.JPG
    IMG_9266.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_9265.JPG
    IMG_9265.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_9795.JPG
    IMG_9795.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9337.JPG
    IMG_9337.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_8766.jpg
    IMG_8766.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_8746.jpg
    IMG_8746.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_7104.jpg
    IMG_7104.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9372.JPG
    IMG_9372.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh My those are impressive! You have a multitude of elements smashing together.. JPG #9265-9266 has wonderful color patterns - awesome. #8766 has beautiful segments that pop with color also. Great segmenting on the rest and the herringbone is nice and tight.

Those I did not mention are just average awesome!!! šŸ¤£

Please show more.

KMCloonan

Oh My those are impressive! You have a multitude of elements smashing together.. JPG #9265-9266 has wonderful color patterns - awesome. #8766 has beautiful segments that pop with color also. Great segmenting on the rest and the herringbone is nice and tight.

Those I did not mention are just average awesome!!! šŸ¤£

Please show more.
Thanks Mark! I really appreciate the compliments. I'll post some more tomorrow.

jttheclockman

All very well done. I am partial to the segmented knot and also the red and white stripe one. you are doing just fine and keep them coming.

KMCloonan

Thanks everyone for the great words of encouragement! Here are some more examples. I gave them names this time :)

Attachments

• Artisan Athens Willow Burl.JPG
    Artisan Athens Willow Burl.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Artisan Zen Maple Burl and Walnut.JPG
    Artisan Zen Maple Burl and Walnut.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Big Ben Rosewood and Maple.jpg
    Big Ben Rosewood and Maple.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Celtic with Willow Burl.JPG
    Celtic with Willow Burl.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Devin Maple Walnut and Padauk.JPG
    Devin Maple Walnut and Padauk.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Executive with Maple Burl.JPG
    Executive with Maple Burl.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 135
  • Experiment.JPG
    Experiment.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Magnetic Graduate willow burl.jpg
    Magnetic Graduate willow burl.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Executive with Willow Burl and aluminum accents.jpg
    Executive with Willow Burl and aluminum accents.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 162

jttheclockman

These latest are just as well done. You have a good eye for color combinations and choice of woods. Many times this can make or break a look of a pen. You did well. Looks like you have a handle on a good finish technique too. Thanks for showing and keep them coming.

howsitwork

very impressive work. I love the thin line celtic knot on the dark pen. Aluminium foil?

Of the second group the magnetic graduate just stands out to me, although the devin one catches the eye too.

KMCloonan

very impressive work. I love the thin line celtic knot on the dark pen. Aluminium foil?

Of the second group the magnetic graduate just stands out to me, although the devin one catches the eye too.
Thanks for the kind words. The Black Ebony Baron pen with the white celtic knot is simple PVC card stock. The rosewood pen with the Maple celtic knot has aluminum sheet (I believe 0.010" thick) sandwiching the knot segments.

Top Bottom