Been BUSY......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from byounghusband

byounghusband

Well,
I've been busy in the last month. Some Turning and some flatwork and scroll work:

200812831312_BEBBS.jpg

This is a Dyed and Stabilized Box Elder Burl Bottle Stopper. The blank came from BB at at AS. It turned like a dream. My best stopper to date. It was buffed with Tripoli, White Diamond, and Carnuba wax.
200812831445_BEBBS%20CLOSEup.jpg

Close up.

200812831749_Goblet.jpg

This goblet is Mountain Laurel. I got the <s>scrap</s>piece from the cut off box at a local wood store. It had SO MANY voids. I really didn't think it was going to work out, but I was ready for the fight. I had to take it off of the lathe twice to fill the voids with Brass shavings and CA. One of the voids goes right through the cup and down into the stem. It took about 4 hours to complete. Finished with Deft Spray on Lacquer burnished in and buffed with Tripoli, White Diamond, and Carnuba wax.
200812832024_Goblet%20closeup.jpg

Goblet close up.

200812833848_S%20and%20P.jpg

These Salt & Pepper Grinders are Crush Grinds from CSUSA. I had these blanks for over a year as I looked for the forstner bits to drill them with. Another story in itself.... They are English Claro Walnut and they had voids that were filled with the wax used to seal the blanks. I spent over an hour picking wax out of voids after I rounded each of them out with a dental pick. I used Brass Shavings and CA for these as well. The salt Grinder is on the left. Finished with Deft Spray on Lacquer burnished in and buffed with Tripoli, White Diamond, and Carnuba wax.
200812833225_PGCloseup.jpg

This is aclose up of the top of the Peper Grinder. The brass goes ALL the way through it.

200812832242_CB.jpg

This is an End-Grain cutting board from plans in Wood Magazine. Several others have made these as well. I think theirs came out better. I learned a LOT making it and it really kicked my butt. The next one WILL be better!! Finished with General Cutting Board Finish.

200812832443_Rose.jpg

After Christmas, I bought a scroll saw from Woodcraft. After one project, it was in the shop because I had EXTREME side to side blade wobble. I just got it back and my daughter had a picture she downloaded of a rose. I grabbed a copy of it and developed a pattern from it. It is cut in 1/4" Baltic Birch Plywood and finished with Tung Oil. I am going to frame it and use a Red backing on it when I am done. It is for her for Valentine's day.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom