BEB bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

This is box elder burl that my wife did the dimpling on the rim. It was her first time working in the shop, and my first bowl with any work beyond the lathe. Real happy with the piece, its about 9.5"x2". It is a chunk from Jason Clark, actually it is a cut off from a bowl blank. The bowl is pretty big.

200731852838_collaboration%20top.jpg

200731852859_collaboration%20bottom.jpg

200731852921_collaboration%20rim.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful bowl Kevin..nice grain, nice color, nice proportions, and the dimples add a nice interest to it.

And I can fully appreciate having the spouse in the shop with ya. When our last child went off to college a few months ago, wife had a little free time and wanted to help. So I turn, then she sands and puts the finish on....now she tells people that she has to "finish what I start" [:)][:I]

dubdrvrkev

Thanks everyone. She really likes to see that other people like her work and it wasn't me just being a good husband and telling how good she was doing.
If I ever get her to turn at least I have the mini and enough tools to go around. I tried to get her to turn a pen a while back but she wanted nothing to do with it. The dremel isn't all that intimidating.

JimGo

Wow, your wife has a LOT more patience than me! I'm impressed with that detail work. She did a great job! Oh, and the bowl looks nice too Kevin. [}:)]

dubdrvrkev

Originally posted by jclark58
<br />Nice one Kev! I hope whoever you got the wood from knows what he gave up [:D]

Jason
I'm telling you, its been the bargain of '07. I haven't completely ruined any of it...yet. Amazing how little this stuff moved while drying.

BigRob777

Kevin,
Wow, that's my dream, to get my wife working with me. I want to do craft shows with her, for retirement, but she seems to have lost her zeal for doing crafts. She promised to try the lathe some year.
Nice bowl and I love the way you bring out the curl in the piece.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom