Beall Tool Company Closed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

The latest newsletter from the Central Ohio Woodturners announced J.R. Beall has closed his business permanently.
Beall was the maker of the Pen Wizard and other tools.
"It has been reported that Beall tools will now be distributed by Lee Valley".

Greg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for the update. I have a few but not a lot. Just a quick sales pitch the tools I have are awesome. At first glance you can tell they're quality tools. Although at first the price was higher than expected I was never disappointed. Good to know they will still be available.

jttheclockman

I did not know this. Thank you for the info. I have their collet chucks systems both small and large. Like them alot.

rherrell

IMO they make the best collet chucks for wood lathes, mine is 15 years old and still going strong. It's good to know I can find a new one at LV if that time ever comes.

HawksFeather

Living in Ohio I was able to make a couple of trips to Beall Tool. They were extremely nice and were more than willing to take time to talk with me and show me around.

Penchant 4

Is Lee Valley off-shoring the manufacturing? Are they discontinuing lines? I want to buy more collet chucks; but they show "Not Available Online"; and the price looks to be nearly double what Beall charged. However, the last time I bought from Beall was a few months ago.

Curly

A search found there are some companies selling them. Check to see if they have what you want in stock.

I can't say for sure but I doubt LV will move the production off-shore. Their Veritas products are all Canadian made. It's possible they might bring it to Canada to keep it under one roof. It makes the most sense to keep the production where it is with the same staff, perhaps dropping products that don't sell. Time will tell.

Penchant 4

A search found there are some companies selling them. Check to see if they have what you want in stock.

I can't say for sure but I doubt LV will move the production off-shore. Their Veritas products are all Canadian made. It's possible they might bring it to Canada to keep it under one roof. It makes the most sense to keep the production where it is with the same staff, perhaps dropping products that don't sell. Time will tell.

Thank you much! I will check this out. Your comments RE: off-shoring do make sense.

Top Bottom