See more from Don Rabchenuk

Don Rabchenuk

This was the last box that I made.
8CB3400C-C831-4449-871E-1EEED1F58DC8.jpeg
A405D0B0-5A8E-43A9-A35B-B0794F4E211C.jpeg
6C8D5F1D-C910-4871-BCCF-20EA26ED38F1.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The idea is unique for that box for sure. I have been meaning to make a few of the boxes for that charity because I too think it is a well deserved one. Have a few of the beads logs I believe I got from Ed here a few years ago. Just so much on my plate and so little time. Thanks for doing that and am sure it will be appreciated.

Don Rabchenuk

The idea is unique for that box for sure. I have been meaning to make a few of the boxes for that charity because I too think it is a well deserved one. Have a few of the beads logs I believe I got from Ed here a few years ago. Just so much on my plate and so little time. Thanks for doing that and am sure it will be appreciated.
Thank You

NJturner

My turning club, Atlantic Shore Woodturners in Howell, NJ (www.atlanticshorewoodturners.com) has been participating in the Beads of Courage program for a number of years. Our members turn the boxes as a club sponsored charity and then donate them to the Children's Cancer Care Center in a local hospital. The Beads of Courage Program, along with Pens for Troops and Wig Stands for breast cancer survivors are the three charity programs we support. I highly recommend any turners to strongly consider these three charity's or other similar ones, because they all go for a great cause and are truly rewarding to turn.

Our club also partnered with three other AAW local chapters to do Wig Stands for Cancer Survivors and successfully turned and donated over 75 wig stands to a local Breast Cancer Resource Center for free distribution to survivors. I would love to see other IAP members follow djrljr's example and turn something like his great honey bowl, maybe a wig stand or other item to donate.

Top Bottom