beads from cutoffs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
These are dreadlock beads that i sell. They vary in size. some have 1/4" thru hole, some have 3/8 thru and some are just under 1/2". at $3 each, I don't really make anything off of them, but for me it is a fun way to get rid of cutoffs and practice pen techniques at the same time!

Attachments

• clean dozen..jpg
    clean dozen..jpg
    58 KB · Views: 353
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Actually, there are approx. 400,000 Rastas in the world, Most of them have dreads. There are probably a few hundred thousand more that are people like me that arent Rastas that have dreads just for the "style". There are lots of young college aged Americans that have dreadlocks as well. I even have these listed on a dreadlock forum for sale! All about creative marketing right?

David Keller

Kudos to you for the marketing plan... I hope you sell 1000 of them.

I actually meant that you might not sell a lot of them in Verden. I like the dreads!

PM sent... unrelated.

RAdams

Banned
rofl... my fault. I missed the whole joke didnt I. Yeah, i doubt I sell many in Verden. There is a Science and Arts college close, so i might sell a couple over there!

I am going to be updating my profile picture soon with a dreadlock update! They finally laid down... kinda.

glycerine

Man, that's a really good idea. I saw someone else a while back that had made some ear plugs for those that have their ears "gauged". Thought that was a good idea too, can't remember who it was though...

wood-of-1kind

Ron, nice idea for using "leftovers". Do you turn these with a mandrel? Reason that I ask is that I have some small mandrels that may be perfect for this type of work. Ummmhhh:biggrin:

If not with mandrel, then what do you use?

RAdams

Banned
Yes, I do use a mandrel. I use the adjustable mandrel and regular bushings.

For the 1/4" hole, the bead fits nicely on the mandrel without brass or anything... For the next two sizes, I use a drill bit that gives me a hole perfect for the shoulder of either a Sierra bushing, or a Cigar bushing, etc. etc.

I actually got a custom order for some ear guage plugs that i will be starting on when i recieve the material. They will be wood.... Wood that was taken from Burning Man just before the fire was lit last year. With my new dreadlocks, I seem to have found a bunch of new Hippy friends!!

Top Bottom