Be careful out there

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

I'm sure many people have heard about the woman who used Gorilla Spray Adhesive instead of hair spray.

Today, CNN ran a story about a woman who reached into her purse for eye drops, and inadvertently grabbed a bottle of nail adhesive. Fortunately, she was wearing a contact lens that prevented the adhesive from immediately come in contact with the sclera of her eye; the situation could have been far worse if she had put the glue into an unprotected eye.

Or just imagine if she had grabbed a bottle of CA glue.

I use eye drops, and I keep CA glue in the house. Note to self: make damn sure that the CA stays in the shop and never gets mixed up with the eye drops.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Oh .... you mean that guy Charles ?

Are you ( Carl ..... somewhat akin to Charles, eh ? ) trying to imply that we have not evolved much past the ape ( Gorilla, as in OP ) stage ? ... Haha . LOL

Sorry, Louie ..... just having a bad day myself ..... no reflection on you, Carl, or the content of the OP ( which serves as a mighty good warning ) .

rixstix

Many nail adhesives are CA says the guy who asked wife "This is superglue, isn't it?" "NO, it's a special nail glue" Me, "Sure smells like superglue or CA", Me, reads label, "ethyl cyanoacrylate"

magpens

Many nail adhesives are CA says the guy who asked wife "This is superglue, isn't it?" "NO, it's a special nail glue" Me, "Sure smells like superglue or CA", Me, reads label, "ethyl cyanoacrylate"

@rixstix

LOL !! . LOL !! . LOL !! ....... Good one !!!!!

TurnedAround

I've had pretty bad dry-eye for decades. I use prescription eyedrops 6-8 times per day. While in the shop, my bottle ran out. I go through a lot as I don't apply 1 drop per the instructions. I flood my eyes.

I'm near-sighted so I put on my far-sighted glasses to go get another bottle. I reached under my vanity for a bottle (I never go near my wife's vanity . . . unless I want to etch concrete) With my far-sighted glasses on, I grabbed the bottle that looked exactly (in a fuzzy way) like my eyedrops and gave a good 5-6 drop shot in the first eye. EAR WAX REMOVER! No dry-eye for at least an hour, as copious tears ran down my face.

Good news . . . Stuck a Q-tip in my eye and found no yellow gunk.

Ed

Top Bottom