Batter up!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Made these for a co-worker/friend. These are made from the ash baseball bat that he provided.

The thick one is a sketch pencil. The thin one is a slimline pro pencil. I think the thin pencil will be popular. I like the way they came out. He came up with the idea to use a torch on the wood since they do it at the factory.

Even better is he didn't know I was gonna make a bat pencil and neither did I! The idea just came to me.

Attachments

• pencils resized.jpg
    pencils resized.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 225
  • pencils resized side by side.jpg
    pencils resized side by side.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Terrific Pens, Lewis.
Great Concept and Execution.
With the condition of my Workshop, I would have to take them outdoors, to Torch them, and Renew my Fire Insurance.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Skeels

Your pen and pencil look great! To be honest, I LOVE torching wood, especially oak and pine ( not that I've made any pine pens, but boxes and what not... Beautiful). You're spot on with the grain pop and small change in color. Have you tried to fade from a near burnt to just te wood? Think I saw a guy on here do that with one of his pens... Been trying to replicate that... But no luck so far lol.

stuckinohio

Skeels,

I haven't tried anything fancy yet regarding the torching. I still have a little bit of a hard time with torching it evenly! These were a little more difficult due to the concave area by the knob. Couldn't quite get it right.

Your pen and pencil look great! To be honest, I LOVE torching wood, especially oak and pine ( not that I've made any pine pens, but boxes and what not... Beautiful). You're spot on with the grain pop and small change in color. Have you tried to fade from a near burnt to just te wood? Think I saw a guy on here do that with one of his pens... Been trying to replicate that... But no luck so far lol.

Top Bottom