Bash Team Lottery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Okay, guys ... here's how our little bet is going to be run. For lack of a better title, we'll call it the Bash Team Lottery.

1. I am currently in discussions with a certain highly respected IAP member who is not on the Bash Team. This person, "Mr. X", will collect our guesses. I'm waiting to hear back from "Mr. X" before announcing his name.

2. By 11:59 PM on January 30th .... each of us will pm Mr. X with our guess as to how many members will actually be online at our designated sign on time.

3. By midnight of February 1st, Mr. X will send me an email with every entrant's name and guess.

4. Each of us will then send 3 cool blanks to the person with the closest answer to the correct number. If more than one person has the closest number .... the prizes will be even distributed between the winners.

5. If the winner guesses the number of online members EXACTLY .... we will send 6 cool blanks.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. :biggrin:

melogic

Cool! :bananen_smilies051: I guess I will have to post a lot of pictures in the "Show Off Your Pens" section after I win all of these blanks. :biggrin::bananen_smilies046::biggrin:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Just don't let John Devost (devowoodworking) onto the Bash team. BTW, I can GUARANTEE that this will be the highest value of blanks given this year!

fiferb

Sheesh, just tell me which one of the lucky so-and-so's above to mail my blanks to. :biggrin:

Yep, my participle is dangling for everyone to see. :eek::redface::eek:

You can go ahead and send them to me. In the very unlikely chance that I should lose I'll pass your blanks, or at least three for you.:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, there will be one stripes. (hhhehhehehhhehheh)

A real nice Alternate Ambur (hhahhahhhahhhahhahahhahhah)

And maybe a cat, just so you can actually get ONE pen out!!!

Good luck.

Of course, IF you would like to mandate me as winner, no one needs to be embarassed!!!!

melogic

Have we heard back from "Mr. X" yet? Do we have a name to PM our guesses too?
Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

dntrost

not to throw a monkey wrench in this but the post says "Members" the front page says Most on-line users which includes "guests" so I take it we will use the member figure and not toal on line users....

DocStram

Here's how I see it working .....

We're going to tell people to get online at 4:00 EST .... and to stay online for 20 minutes or so. And, we'll ask them to come to the thread "Loadza Loggers". (Sir Keith will start the thread Loadza Loggers in the Casual Conversation forum a little before 4 EST)

The main number we will be looking at will be the "Most Users Ever Online" at the bottom of the Home Page.

The prizes for the 5th, 105th, 205th, etc will be given according to the post count in the Loadza Loggers Thread. We can't worry about how many times a member posts in the Loadza Loggers Thread ..... it will be much simpler and cleaner for Keith to just look at the post count in the thread to see who gets the prizes.

If I'm missing something or off base ... please let me know ASAP!

DocStram

Submit your guess!!!

Don't forget to submit your guess to Roy (Oklahoman)!! You must get it to him by midnight this Saturday!!

Remember ... we're using the "Most Users Ever Online" statistic for our friendly little lottery. The person who comes closest .... is the winner!!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Roy has been given the winning submission a couple days ago.

The rest of you may start finding nice resin blanks to send to me.

Thank you!!

DocStram

Roy has been given the winning submission a couple days ago.

The rest of you may start finding nice resin blanks to send to me.

Thank you!!

Ohhhh now I get it! I was wondering why Roy called the other day and couldn't stop laughing. When I asked him what was so funny ... all he could get out was something about the entry that he just received. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wudnhed

Sorry guys, don't feel like I can participate at this time. Don't want to clutter up our Bash board so I will explain here. Our 2nd daughter is having her 1st baby and not due until the 22nd of Feb. She is having some complications so they may take the baby today, don't know as of yet. Anyway, I will be MIA if this all happens today. I will let you know ASAP.

dntrost

Becca,
Good luck and family comes first thanks for all of the help you have given so far. Keep us informed on how things go we will be thinking and praying for everything to be Ok....

Last edited:

fiferb

Can we put in a second guess or change our first guess? The number keeps going up before the bash begins. I need to increase my number I think.

DocStram

Revised Guesses

YESSSSS .... you may send in revised guesses. Be certain to date the revised guess so that Roy can keep up with it.

Final Guesses must be submitted to Roy by this Saturday night .. MIDNIGHT EST!!

Dario

2. By 11:59 PM on January 30th .... each of us will pm Mr. X with our guess as to how many members will actually be online at our designated sign on time.

Don't forget to submit your guess to Roy (Oklahoman)!! You must get it to him by midnight this Saturday!!

Final Guesses must be submitted to Roy by this Saturday night .. MIDNIGHT EST!!

Is it Saturday night or Friday night?

I thought 11:59 pm Jan 30th is tonight FRIDAY!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dario,

DON'T CONFUSE DOC WITH WHAT HE
SAID

IT'S WHAT HE IS
SAYING NOW

THAT COUNTS
Don't worry Doc, I gotcha covered!!​

keithkarl2007

Here's how I see it working .....

We're going to tell people to get online at 4:00 EST .... and to stay online for 20 minutes or so. And, we'll ask them to come to the thread "Loadza Loggers". (Sir Keith will start the thread Loadza Loggers in the Casual Conversation forum a little before 4 EST)

The main number we will be looking at will be the "Most Users Ever Online" at the bottom of the Home Page.

The prizes for the 5th, 105th, 205th, etc will be given according to the post count in the Loadza Loggers Thread. We can't worry about how many times a member posts in the Loadza Loggers Thread ..... it will be much simpler and cleaner for Keith to just look at the post count in the thread to see who gets the prizes.

If I'm missing something or off base ... please let me know ASAP!
i'll happily go through every post, its not fair on the members who comment only once

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Although we have not ANNOUNCED who will get prizes (105, 205 etc), it should not take a genius to "logic out" that those numbers would be significant and try to hit them with their post.

I have no solution, just believe I see a problem.

Now, if some people post TWO or THREE or more times and Keith wants to take the time to ELIMINATE those posts, it will make the little number in the corner of each posting inaccurate and, therefore, make it more difficult for posters to guess the right time to post for a prize.

Keith, it's YOUR baby!!!! Do as you wish. But, we should know in advance so if someone complains later, we are all on the same page.

FWIW
Ed

Dario

Although we have not ANNOUNCED who will get prizes (105, 205 etc), it should not take a genius to "logic out" that those numbers would be significant and try to hit them with their post.

Ed,

How will they know?

By the time we announce winners, the contest is over right?

I agree that they might shoot for the whole or "prominent numbers...why don't we make it something really off like 7, 107, etc? Or even every 47 (47, 94, 141, 188, etc.)?

keithkarl2007

ok so prizes are going to the 6th 106th and 206th members who post in the LOADZA LOGGERS LOG ON page

these will be the 5th 105th and 205th after i initially start the thread

Last edited:

DocStram

Jeff,
Okay, it's a deal .... it will be a 50/50 split of the blanks that I win.
Just remember ... at 3:50 PM EST, Sunday .... you'll put the block on the IAP server so that it stops the user count at 145. If anybody asks how the server count can be so low, just tell them that people must have been away at Super Bowl Parties!
Remember.... we can't tell a soul about our little deal!
Al

DocStram

Jeff,
Okay, it's a deal .... it will be a 50/50 split of the blanks that I win.
Just remember ... at 3:50 PM EST, Sunday .... you'll put the block on the IAP server so that it stops the user count at 145. If anybody asks how the server count can be so low, just tell them that people must have been away at Super Bowl Parties!
Remember.... we can't tell a soul about our little deal!
Al

Ohhhh Darn!!! Somehow my pm to Jeff got posted here in the Lottery Thread! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey guys ... don't forget to get your latest and final entry into Roy by midnight tonight!
Al

fiferb

I should have stayed with my first guess. We broke a record yesterday but I'm a bit disappointed that we only broke the record by 2.

Top Bottom