BASH Puzzle #5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #5 is ready for your amusement. You need to solve a little riddle to find the answer to this puzzle.

Here are the rules:
1. General IAP Contest rules and the General BASH Puzzle rules apply
2. You must submit your entry using the official puzzle entry form: https://www.penturners.org/form/puzzle-contest.12/select
3. One entry per person and one guess per entry. Your entry must contain your real name, the puzzle number, and your guess.
4. Each correct answer will earn 1 point toward the overall Puzzle Prize total
5. Banter is expected and encouraged, but DO NOT post any hints or real guesses in this thread.
6. This contest will close at noon Central Time on Thursday Feb 18
7. In addition to earning a point toward the grand prizes, each correct entry will also be entered into a drawing for one or more individual puzzle prizes

All you have to do is solve this simple little riddle:

My first is in spineless but not in sinless
My second is in subordinate but not in subordination
My third is in constructiveness but not in virtuousness
My fourth is in disloyally but not in solidly
My fifth is in cardinally but not in radically

Send in a guess even if you can't solve the riddle. You could possibly win a prize just for playing.

Good luck & have fun.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I resubmitted my entry because i accidentally put puzzle #12 on the entry. thats my story and im sticking to it.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I resubmitted my entry because i accidentally put puzzle #12 on the entry. thats my story and im sticking to it.
I caught that - there won't be 12 puzzles, so I wasn't going to penalize you for the mistake

1080Wayne

I think we have to give him a bit of a break , Doug . He is puzzling over how to store some of that nice white stuff to cool himself off come summer . And his even greater puzzle is to determine how many extra days of +100F he will have to endure this summer to get back on the average global warming trend .

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I think we have to give him a bit of a break , Doug . He is puzzling over how to store some of that nice white stuff to cool himself off come summer . And his even greater puzzle is to determine how many extra days of +100F he will have to endure this summer to get back on the average global warming trend .
Thanks, Wayne - you are pretty much right. We never lost power at my home (fingers crossed) but we did lose Internet & cellular services for over 12 hours yesterday. Our daughter & son-in -law who live on the other side of Houston were without power for 3 days. They finally got it back today. It's been a struggle for many. We haven't had anything like this since 1989. It is not at all unprecedented as news media likes to claim, but it is unusual.

alankulwicki7

Thanks, Wayne - you are pretty much right. We never lost power at my home (fingers crossed) but we did lose Internet & cellular services for over 12 hours yesterday. Our daughter & son-in -law who live on the other side of Houston were without power for 3 days. They finally got it back today. It's been a struggle for many. We haven't had anything like this since 1989. It is not at all unprecedented as news media likes to claim, but it is unusual.
Oh, that sucks, Edgar. Hope this doesn't last long for you guys....

Top Bottom