BASH Puzzle #4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #4 is now open - I thought I would give you another one of these since they seem to be fairly popular

Your challenge is to identify the wood shown in the attached photo.

Here are the rules:
1. General IAP Contest rules and the General BASH Puzzle rules apply
2. You must submit your entry using the official puzzle entry form: https://www.penturners.org/form/puzzle-contest.12/select
3. One entry per person and one guess per entry. Your entry must contain your real name, the puzzle number, and your guess.
4. Each correct answer will earn 1 or 2 points toward the overall Puzzle Prize total
5. Banter is expected and encouraged, but DO NOT post any hints or real guesses in this thread.
6. Scientific name or an unambiguous common name is acceptable
7. This contest will close at noon Central Time on Wednesday Feb 17
8. In addition to earning a point or two toward the grand prizes, each correct entry will also be entered into a drawing for one or more individual puzzle prizes

These blanks might be:
1. Black Mulberry
2. Gabon Ebony
3. Black Walnut
4. African Blackwood
5. Black Hornbeam
6. Bog Oak

There is something special about these blanks. You get one point if you correctly identify the wood. Properly stating what is special about these blanks is also worth a point.

NOTE: Even if you have no idea what the answers might be, send in an entry anyway. At the end of the puzzle contests, there will be a drawing from all entrants who didn't earn a single point in any contest. Bottom line is, you can't win anything if you don't enter.

HINT: They are all the same type of wood, so please name just one species of wood. There might be something diabolical about this puzzle.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you have any questions

Edgar

Attachments

• Puzzle#4 Blanks.png
    Puzzle#4 Blanks.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

There is something special about these blanks. You get one point if you correctly identify the wood. Properly stating what is special about these blanks is also worth a point.
Pecan... one point! Spalted pecan! Boom, 2 points! Thanks for the clues, Edgar!
🤪

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
OOPS!

Someone pointed out that I forgot to attach a photo to Puzzle #4. I have edited the original post to add the photo and also included it with this post. If you have already submitted a guess prior to this post, you may resubmit your entry if you wish. Not saying if any entries received thus far are right or wrong.

Attachments

• Puzzle#4 Blanks.png
    Puzzle#4 Blanks.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom