BASH Puzzle #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Alright Puzzle Enthusiasts, here is our first puzzle for the 2020 Bash Puzzle Contests. There will be a total of about 10 puzzles during the month, so be sure to enter as many as possible to increase your chances of winning a prize.

Your challenge is to identify the felled tree in the attached photos.

Here are the rules:
1. General IAP Contest rules and the General BASH Puzzle rules apply
2. You must send your entry to iap.puzzles@gmail.com
3. One entry per person and one guess per entry. Be sure to put Puzzle #1 in the Subject Line and include your real name and IAP user name in the subject text along with your guess.
4. Each correct answer will earn 1 point toward the overall Puzzle Prize total
5. Banter is expected and encouraged, but DO NOT post any hints or real guesses in this thread.
6. Scientific name or an unambiguous common name is acceptable
7. This contest will close at noon Central Time on Wednesday Feb 5
8. In addition to earning a point toward the grand prizes, each correct entry will also be entered into a drawing for one or more individual puzzle prizes

HINT: This tree is from my farm in Columbus, TX. Keep in mind that there are at least 30-40 different species of trees and woody plants on my farm, both native and introduced.

NOTE: Even if you have no idea what this tree might be, send in an entry anyway. At the end of the puzzle contests, there will be a drawing from all entrants who didn't earn a single point in any contest. Bottom line is, you can't win anything if you don't enter.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you have any questions

Edgar

IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0103.JPGIMG_0104.JPGIMG_0106.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here is a list of entrants for Puzzle #1 so far. If you tried to send in an entry and your user name is not on this list, please let me know.

There is still about 20 hours left to enter this contest.

Seer
Chippa
Pborowick
tripletmom
mbroberg
BarryE
bmac
Gundoc
Creid
Karl_99
greenacres2
BruceK
Monty
sataro
keithnscu
BURLMAN
hannah
brotherdale
sparhawk
Steve J
KLJ
gimpy
gersh

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Don't forget - this contest is still open until tomorrow (Feb 8), and if you submitted an entry before the original deadline, you can send in a second entry because none of the entries before the original deadline were correct.

Top Bottom