Bash Fundraising Items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you buy a fundraiser item during the 2020 Bash (Feb 2020)?

• Yes, I'd buy a t-shirt

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Yes, I'd buy a travel mug

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings!

If you were with us last February, you are probably aware that we will not be selling stoneware mugs for a fundraiser this year. We sold those mugs for 10 years and I decided it was time for a little break. They might return at some time in the future.

And speaking of fundraising... due to the generosity of anonymous donors, and the outstanding success of our Estate Blanks Fundraiser, we are in excellent financial shape, and we don't particularly need to run a large fundraiser this year. That said, it's good to squirrel some funds away for the inevitable rainy day, and I know that many of us (me included) like to get a little IAP logo SWAG. So, I'm considering two items this year -- laser engraved travel mugs, and t-shirts with our 2020 logo.

• The t-shirts would be similar to years past, probably $12-$18 depending on size, plus shipping.
  • The mugs would be black 22 oz travel mugs. I've attached pic of one made for me for last years MPG, $25 plus shipping.
Please vote in this poll, and comment if you would like to contribute to this discussion.

Attachments

• IAP-2020-Logo.jpg
    IAP-2020-Logo.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_9768.JPG
    IMG_9768.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Oh I made a mistake Jeff. I am sorry That is what you get for not reading the entire thread. My bad as the youngins say. I am not interested in the travel mug. I thought we were doing our regular mugs. So please take my vote of the mug list. The shirts I will buy.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I made a mistake Jeff. I am sorry That is what you get for not reading the entire thread. My bad as the youngins say. I am not interested in the travel mug. I thought we were doing our regular mugs. So please take my vote of the mug list. The shirts I will buy.
No problem, John!

EDIT: I switched on the ability to change your own vote. So you can do that.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I don't want to complicate things, but I have a question. I own several Yeti mugs. I love them. They keep the hot stuff hot and the cold stuff cold for hours. What are the chances of branding those? I'll buy a shirt and mug regardless, just wondering.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to complicate things, but I have a question. I own several Yeti mugs. I love them. They keep the hot stuff hot and the cold stuff cold for hours. What are the chances of branding those? I'll buy a shirt and mug regardless, just wondering.

The Yeti mugs are about twice as expensive, but I can look into it. I've been really impressed with these. Hot or cold for hours.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
As a mug buyer for all years so far, not interested in travel mug. Perhaps a Yeti, but not a run of the mill one. Still willing to make a contribution.

Sylvanite

Perhaps a Yeti, but not a run of the mill one.
That looks a lot like a "Polar Camel" travel mug, which is a knock-off copy of the Yeti (in fact, the distributor settled a patent infringement lawsuit from Yeti). Just like the Yeti, the Polar Camel is a vacuum insulated stainless steel mug with a powder-coat finish. I've never tested them against each other, but I expect the insulating performance to be similar.

I'll miss the ceramic mugs though. I probably won't buy a travel mug (since I engrave them myself) unless I break down and decide simply to keep my collection complete.

Regards,
Eric

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
That looks a lot like a "Polar Camel" travel mug, which is a knock-off copy of the Yeti (in fact, the distributor settled a patent infringement lawsuit from Yeti). Just like the Yeti, the Polar Camel is a vacuum insulated stainless steel mug with a powder-coat finish. I've never tested them against each other, but I expect the insulating performance to be similar.

I'll miss the ceramic mugs though. I probably won't buy a travel mug (since I engrave them myself) unless I break down and decide simply to keep my collection complete.

Regards,
Eric
Those are the Polar Camel mugs. Very similar performance to the Yeti, but half the price.

I miss the ceramic mugs as well. They'll be back someday.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for voting!

It looks like the demand is too low to make a viable t-shirt order.
We'll probably move ahead with a limited quantity of travel mugs.

jttheclockman

Thanks for voting!

It looks like the demand is too low to make a viable t-shirt order.
We'll probably move ahead with a limited quantity of travel mugs.
Say it aint so Jeff. I look forward to the shirts every year now. You got less mug yeses. Man I get nothing this year. Definitely do not need a travel mug. I don't go anywhere that I need a mug. 😭😭😭

Hippoc07

I did not see the vote for this either I am afraid but I could maybe order both a T shirt and Mug if they are available

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, the final decision on this is that we'll have a limited number of the travel mugs, but no shirts. If there's interest, we could do shirts for the Summer Extravaganza.

I think next year for the Bash we might do a pre-order for the shirts in Nov/Dec. I hesitate to do that because when I lay out money for a product I want it now! But that would enable us to order the exact quantity of shirts, reducing the expense of ordering a selection of sizes to meet an unknown demand.

jttheclockman

OK, the final decision on this is that we'll have a limited number of the travel mugs, but no shirts. If there's interest, we could do shirts for the Summer Extravaganza.

I think next year for the Bash we might do a pre-order for the shirts in Nov/Dec. I hesitate to do that because when I lay out money for a product I want it now! But that would enable us to order the exact quantity of shirts, reducing the expense of ordering a selection of sizes to meet an unknown demand.
Jeff hope you don't mind me asking but and maybe you can not do this because you use the logo of the year on merchandise, but at one time you had a store type setup here. Things like shirts and hats and mugs like that could be bought throughout the year. Now with the year logo I understand if they do not sell. Probably a bit of money layout also but just thinking out loud. This brings me back to the shirts now, do you not think they will not sell throughout the year?? Maybe something to think of for next year as well. Just thoughts.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff hope you don't mind me asking but and maybe you can not do this because you use the logo of the year on merchandise, but at one time you had a store type setup here. Things like shirts and hats and mugs like that could be bought throughout the year. Now with the year logo I understand if they do not sell. Probably a bit of money layout also but just thinking out loud. This brings me back to the shirts now, do you not think they will not sell throughout the year?? Maybe something to think of for next year as well. Just thoughts.
John - always happy to have your questions. For a few years we had IAP merchandise available year round through several vendors (Smitty's, Exotic Blanks, and Classic Nib). Sales throughout the year were extremely low, so we abandoned that program. The reality is that our generous members support us with merchandise purchases during special events, but sales throughout the year are close to nil.

Lenny

I'm buyin' whatever your sellin', Jeff.
I have a couple of the Yeti mugs. I've still had ice in them 24hrs later. Keeps the coffee hot for hours, too. If these are similar, people will be very pleased with them.

Top Bottom