Bash Check in thread for 2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Check in, by posting in this thread, so I know your getting updates and messages again this year.
You should have your rough drafts worked out and had some feed back on them. you will need to have starting and ending dates, and how you are going to handle voting if you have large numbers of entries. Start a new thread with your contest rules posted and I can change or update them as needed and then transfer them when the contests begin.
we will be posting The contest rules for all contests in The first week of January for final review and discussion from the membership. You can still make changes to the rules at that time. Jeff will create an email with your contest @ penturners. org that will forward to your personal emails. I will get a copy as well. Thank you to those that are returning again this year and welcome as well to our new "Chairmen".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

No Changes to the Kids contests. Planning to use the same rules as last Bash. Hope to get more entries with the knowledge that the prizes are bigger then last year.

Both First place winners will be receiving a watch and carbide tool & handle blank. Along with pen blanks and other interesting things.
Second and Third places prizes will be bigger then last year. Thanks to all who have donated.

There will be "special blanks" from certain members, that will be marked within all boxes. So members need to get those kids and grandkids out in the shop turning soon.

Brian G

Here.

I'll use the same set of rules as last year, but I'll still post them as a draft for people to look at. That gives the "whatabouters" something to grumble over before not entering the contest anyway. :rolleyes:

stonepecker

Steve, Just got a prize off Tophatter for the second place winner. It is one of those rulers that can make measuring and copying complex angles easier. Hope that it helps some one to get into segments and other designs. Of course, there will be other things in the box also.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You should have a firm handle on your contest rules, post the final versions you have after the first of the Year or bump them for discussion and visibility.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Post your final contest rules in this forum so we can move them into the Bash forum when its created. I will need email address from all of you so that Jeff can forward the emails from the contests to you. I will get a copy as well.
You should be shamelessly hawking your contests, the greater the visibility the greater the participation.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
we are going live.

Jeff has created a sub forum for each of your contests. YOu will have moderation in your forum. ALL voting polls will be created in the contest voting forum. Do not create then in you contest forum or any place else. IF that does happen let me know and i will move them. Remeber to shamelessly promote your contests.
I will post the prizes for your contest in your rules thread as quick as I can

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jeff has created a sub forum for each of your contests. YOu will have moderation in your forum. ALL voting polls will be created in the contest voting forum. Do not create then in you contest forum or any place else. IF that does happen let me know and i will move them. Remeber to shamelessly promote your contests.
I will post the prizes for your contest in your rules thread as quick as I can

Should we repost the latest rules for our contest in the new subforum? And then start promoting participation?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes you can copy and pste them into your contest forum. I will start moving them as well.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will ask Jeff to activate your super powers, Emails have been edited in your contests.
If there are nay problems I will work on them tonight.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have corrected most of the email problems, I still have a couple to straighten out bear with me as I have to have Jeff clean it up.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Please respond to each entry with a "Thank You we have your entry" just so they no you did recieved it. We have had entries get lost in spam Folders in the past.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When you have winners of your contests start a new thread with the winning entries in your contest forum. Put a post at the end of the poll thread that the winners are posted in the contest forum so people can find them.

Top Bottom