Bash 18 (2022) Logo Items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you buy a 2022 fundraiser item?

• I'd buy a ceramic mug (usually $25)

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • I'd buy a no-pocket t-shirt (usually $15)

Votes: 53 49.1%
  • I'd buy a pocket t-shirt (usually $17)

Votes: 41 38.0%
  • I'd be ok with bulk-buy style purchase (see post for explanation)

Votes: 52 48.1%

• Total voters

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
You may have seen the 18th anniversary Logo Contest announcement, a not-so-subtle hint that the 2022 Birthday Bash is coming in just about 4 months. Now it's time to decide what items we might want to make with the winning logo. I've hinted that we might consider a return to the hand-made ceramic mugs of years past, and possibly t-shirts as well. The last time we had mugs and shirts was 2019 for our 15th. Have a look HERE for good examples of our t-shirts and ceramic mugs.

Now to the point of this post! Attached to this thread is a poll. If you're certain you'd buy an item when they're available, please vote. Obviously we don't know colors, styles, etc., but if you're one of our steady supporters and look forward to such items, we'd like to hear from you.

I have some quantities in mind that I'd like to hit before we commit to a buy; probably 100 mugs, and 75 for each type of shirt.

I expect we could also do mug number reservations (here's how we do that)

The final poll question relates to the purchase process. Usually we buy then sell, but I'm considering a "bulk buy style" for this year, i.e. you'd purchase before we order the items. That's not firm yet, but it's under consideration.

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW!

jttheclockman

I am all for Tee shirts and the old mugs. They are a tradition that was started many years ago here and to me should be kept. I realize it is alot of work but it is once a year. Pocket, no pocket is not a concern to me. I probably stay with no pocket. Those shirt pockets are always too small to carry things in, my opinion. Wish there could be other things that can be added to. Such as maybe key rings, cell phone covers, pen cases, desk pen stand, money clip, and I am sure many other ideas are out there. Maybe instead of using the year logo on some of this stuff just use the IAP logo and have a store set up. Probably not the right place for this suggestion but thought I would include as food for thought.

CjG78

I'd be in on a mug and a tshirt without pocket, as long as there are sizes available for larger bodies!

greenacres2

Bulk buy—ordering goods after we purchase—I'm willing to wait any extra time to keep our leadership from having to bankroll extra inventory and store what's left over. Seems like prudent management.
Earl

Jans husband

Not sure what you mean.
Hi Jeff,
Just wondered whether there would be shipping to the UK of items if we ordered from the UK, or whether the cost would be prohibitive. I didn't mean to suggest that the UK was being excluded in any way from what is being organised. Sorry if it came over that way.
Mike

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jeff,
Just wondered whether there would be shipping to the UK of items if we ordered from the UK, or whether the cost would be prohibitive. I didn't mean to suggest that the UK was being excluded in any way from what is being organised. Sorry if it came over that way.
Mike
Ah, ok. Yes, we've always shipped worldwide. I think international package service starts around $24.

tgsponge1

I am in for a no pocket shirt.

What about the 20 ounce Polar travel cup? I bought one for the 16th anniversity and loved it until I left it on the roof of my car and drove off

greenacres2

I love my old hand made mugs and wear my shirts. All the items are great! Paying up front is a good idea.

Oh by the way, new grand daughter delivered at 1:30 pm today.
Congratulations Wayne—hoping all are doing well. And that you didn't split your IAP shirt with pride!
earl

Joebobber

I love pocket shirts,but could be persuaded into a no pocket for a good cause. I really like the hats as well. Im sure window stickers with the logo are a cheap investment that could sell pretty good.

Jans husband

Ah, ok. Yes, we've always shipped worldwide. I think international package service starts around $24.
Hi Jeff,
As a relative Newcomer, I am not sure as to the ordering process.
Will you be open for actual orders in due course, or do we express our individual preferences now?
Don't want to miss it!
Mike

egnald

Hi Jeff,
I really like the beer pints from last year, but I would go for a mug and a pocket T (I can only wear pocket T shirts because I need the pocket to hold my insulin pump).
Regards,
Dave

jttheclockman

Just would like to say if we go back to tee shirts that Jeff can once again use the same vendor or at least get the same quality shirt. They have been over the years a very good quality and hold up well to many washings.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just would like to say if we go back to tee shirts that Jeff can once again use the same vendor or at least get the same quality shirt. They have been over the years a very good quality and hold up well to many washings.
We previously used the Gildan 2000 and 5000 shirts, which seem to be the standard in screen printed shirts. Personally I've been very happy with how they wear.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jeff,
As a relative Newcomer, I am not sure as to the ordering process.
Will you be open for actual orders in due course, or do we express our individual preferences now?
Don't want to miss it!
Mike
Mike

The purchase links will be conspicuously posted when the ordering process begins.

Thanks for your interest in supporting us!

jttheclockman

We previously used the Gildan 2000 and 5000 shirts, which seem to be the standard in screen printed shirts. Personally I've been very happy with how they wear.
Not sure what the numbers are but maybe one is pocket and other is non pocket. I too have found them to hold up very well and hope you continue if you go this route. Just my opinion.

wyone

I have not been active here for a while. Work got in the way of my turning. But I turned some pens for presents and once again hooked. I would love a mug, but I also love the pen holder that was available in 2016. I am not sure it is really a pen holder as much as a mug without a handle I am not a coffee drinker, but the pen holder I have sits on my desk and I love it. I would love another one. If you do not have an old order or pattern for one, I can take a photo of the one I have.

Top Bottom