Bash 11 Rules Review - Ugly Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
This is being posted on behalf of Scott, the Chairman of the Ugly Pen Contest.

The Ugly Pen Contest

Welcome to the Ugly Pen Contest! My name is Scott Greaves, and I am in charge of this contest. If you have any question or comment about this contest, please either send me a message through the IAP site, or an E-Mail at ugly@penturners.org. I made up the rules for this contest, and I would be happy to make up some new ones to get myself out of a jam if needed!

This is not a serious contest, although in many ways it may resemble one. It is a contest for serious penturners to use to blow off some steam! Reading anything more into it can lead down that dark and dangerous path to madness!

There will be judges, though you won't know who they are; and there will be prizes, though I'm not sure what they might be as of yet (or if anybody would want them)! Foremost, this contest involves showing strange and horrifying things that somewhat resemble pens, so that we can all make rude comments to each other about them! And with that, the rules:

1) Your entry must be a pen, i.e. If you could bring yourself to handle it, it would theoretically write.

2) You may submit up to two entries, although I can't imagine why you would want to admit to making this kind of mistake more than once!

3) Entries are submitted by E-Mailing up to three images of the pen-like item, with or without accompanying story, to ugly@penturners.org. I prefer that you name your entry, but if you don't I will make up a suitably horrid name. Your entry must include both your screen name and your real name, and your mailing address. This is only for the purpose of awarding prizes. I will not post any identifying information here besides your screen name. Don't make us come hunting for you!

4) Entries will be accepted from Tuesday the 2nd of February until Midnight (The Witching Hour) Eastern time on Tuesday the 9th of February. Winners will then be posted on the 11th of February. The judge's decision will be final!

5) Prizes will be awarded in three categories:

a) Worst looking normal pen. This is the category for those who tried to make a nice pen, but it turned out ugly!

b) Most frilly pen. This is for those of you who want to be flamboyant with their pens. I want to see some pens that are seriously decorated up!

c) Just Butt Ugly Pen. This is kind of the all-encompassing category for the entry that is truly just the ugliest around!

Note that there is no category for disgusting pens this year. If a pen is submitted for entry that is unfit for a family oriented site, it will be refused.

6) A single entry may win more than one prize, in other words, winning in one category does not disqualify the entry from winning in another category.

7) All entry images and comments become the property of the IAP, to use, or dispose of, as they wish. Yes, blackmail a few years from now is a definite possibility!

8) All entries will be posted by me in this forum. You may notice that this forum is locked, and only I can post entries here. Have patience! I am not that fast.

9) In addition to all the excitement of a wonderful Ugly Pen Contest, we are also running an astonishing side contest some of you might remember, called the Trash Talking Contest! It is simply a place to comment on all the Ugly Pen Contest entries, and the best comment wins a prize! So follow the link below to the Trash Talking Contest, and fill it up with your best comments. There is no limit, and the primary rule is not to be too overtly offensive, profane or disgusting. Remember, this is a family site! Extra consideration will be given to inventive and funny comments. Now go to it!

Now, lets start seeing some entries!

To Enter This Contest!

(Link To the Trash Talking Contest!)

firewhatfire

I submit one disgusting pen and it takes the whole catagory out.:bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027:

Top Bottom