Barrel Bond Epoxy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Anyone ever try this epoxy? Kind of pricey, I just happened to see it in Woodcraft's catalog and had never heard if it. Seems to get mixed reviews at the Woodcraft site. IMG_1080.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Yes, it cures quickly. If you mix just what you need (as opposed to my discarding half of what I mix), it can last a while. I found the Mercury brand epoxy to cure in about an hour (as long as you buy the one with that curing time) and it is less expensive. I usually wait two hours just to be sure. If it was less expensive and I wasn't so haphazard about how much I mixed, I would use it again. I would also wait for a sale. Rockler also sells it and there's a 15% coupon circulating.

Woodchipper

Going to try Devcon Two Ton Epoxy one of these days. Sets up in about 30 minutes. Quick setting, 5 minutes,is too fast for me.

KenB259

I usually use Bob Smith Industries 5 minute epoxy, has always worked well, so no reason for me to change. As I said, I had just never heard of it. I get BSI at hobby lobby and always use the 40% off coupon.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

MTViper

I've used Barrel Bond for 3-4 years now and never had a failure with it. I usually leave it to set up overnight but that's just my habit pattern. I have turned blanks glued with it in 30 min and they worked great. Rockler seems to be charging less for it than Woodcraft is right now. Not sure how long that will last.

Top Bottom