Baron with custom finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InkyMike

InkyMike

This is a Baron kit with a Polvere Di Stella Italian Resin Blank from ExoticBlanks. I turned and attached the finial to match the pen. It's probably a tad proud, and I'll make subsequent models a little flatter. But I like how it turned out.

Michael

Attachments

• 2023-01-09.jpg
    2023-01-09.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I never tire seeing custom finials. They add so much the learning curve is well work it. Yours is excellent, and the finial profile is fine in my opinion. A matter of personal preference, but you did well. Thanks for sharing.

InkyMike

Custom finials are always winners!
It's the first one I've turned - I'm pretty happy with it.
I never tire seeing custom finials. They add so much the learning curve is well work it. Yours is excellent, and the finial profile is fine in my opinion. A matter of personal preference, but you did well. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I have a couple more in the works. The more I look at it the more I like the profile. I think it would look even better if the top of the cap had that area countersunk slightly so there was a band of silver part way up. I assumed that's what it was until I punched out the stock one. It just looks like it because the stock is so flat

InkyMike

Nice job. I make them for every pen that I can. It's a nice touch.
Thank you. That's my plan as well. Just got done with one that was a really finicky piece of acrylic. I'll post photos tomorrow after it's all dry.

One thing I've started doing in addition to using epoxy topside is once that has cured some, I epoxy it from the underside as well. I'm hoping that makes it a little more durable

Michael

Top Bottom