Bark inclusions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I thought I'd post this before I turned it. I found this short in a box of scraps. I'm not even sure what it is or where it came from. I think it has more inclusions than wood. I've drilled it and tubed it for a Sierra. I've soaked it with thin CA so we'll see tomorrow if I can turn it. I'm keeping me fingers crossed and wearing striped socks.
693441b0217b17914e8ab2227a3a123d.jpg
a557f92a0b5f82cb3181472c4ac720f5.jpg
6bc8b058e9f68cc57b8e78d965a35178.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I"ll say a little prayer for you while turning this. I like your thought process as much as I love natural "deformities" in wood blanks like this. I'd love to see the final ending, I think it will be stunning and one of a kind. Good luck!!!

robutacion

I thought I'd post this before I turned it. I found this short in a box of scraps. I'm not even sure what it is or where it came from. I think it has more inclusions than wood. I've drilled it and tubed it for a Sierra. I've soaked it with thin CA so we'll see tomorrow if I can turn it. I'm keeping me fingers crossed and wearing striped socks.

Hi Mick,

If when you are "turning" it to size if any of those bark inclusions still remains I suggest you fill it with ground coffee and CA or epoxy glue, it matches perfectly the natural bark inclusion colour.

Cheers
George

mick

Hi Mick,

If when you are "turning" it to size if any of those bark inclusions still remains I suggest you fill it with ground coffee and CA or epoxy glue, it matches perfectly the natural bark inclusion colour.

Cheers
George
George, I have the lots of the little baggies that our parts come in full of shavings and sawdust from about wood I've ever turned. So I got that covered! [emoji16]

mick

Everybody cross your fingers for me and I'll be sure to post the finished pen... or the broken pieces of my dreams

Lucky2

Wow, what a blank, that should make for a very interesting looking pen. Hopefully, all of the inclusions don't get turned away from it, I am very interested in seeing the finished turned blank/pen.
Len

mick

Everybody cross your fingers for me and I'll be sure to post the finished pen... or the broken pieces of my dreams

Ok here's the blank rounded somewhat and soaked again with CA. More pictures to come... hopefully. I've got my striped socks on!

Top Bottom