Banksia Ligero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

Ligero kit with Banksia wood. Banksia is pretty cool...kind of looks like leather, IMHO. Not sure I like the curve on the cap of this pen; the other components are too straight. But, at least I know better for next time!

Comments/critiques are welcome!

----

200583033410_Banksia%20Ligero%20-%20Closed.jpg

200583033431_Banksia%20Ligero%20-%20Open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice to see a pen posted by someone you've met! [:)]

I've made many El Grandes/Ligeros. And I tried some bulges, on customer request. So definitely there are people that like even a fat El Grande or Ligero! My personal preference though is dead straight... the cap is square, the fairly wide centerband is straight. Generally I like the wood to flow into the components at the angle of the components. Therefore this pen needs to be straight for me.

That goes for the main body also. Looks like you gave it some shape. Once the cap is traight, the body looks best straight also. You definitely don't want the little concave that you seem to have in the upper body (unless I am looking at a photo effect)

Nice photos btw! Oh, and if you put a refill into it, it writes much better <ducking>

JimGo

LOL...these are the new invisible refills...I thought for sure YOU would have seen them! Oh well...

It was great to meet you and your son in person, too!

I agree about the pen's shape, and you are correct, there is some concavity near the end. I don't recall that being there before assembly; I'll have to be more careful on the next one.

Darley

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Sweet pen Jim,
I just ordered a few Banskia pods. They should be fun.

Sure they are fun to turn Rob, but make sure that you wear a mask and face shield, lots of shrapnels, I think I got 1 banksia nut (pod) pen in my album have a look

edit= page 5 Rob and look the non pen as well

JimGo

Thanks guys! Yes, there's a big difference between the wood and the nuts...this is the wood! Bob, I don't recall where I found it. I think Rob or one of the other "regulars" here may have had it. I will try to find out and post an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom