Bandsaw replacement wheels?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scraper_1

So, I have the delta 14" model 28-206. I bought it off craigslist and regret it. Long story short, I need a new upper wheel. I have had no luck finding one online. If I can't find one I will have to decide whether or not I take it to a machine shop and have it balanced and trued, if possible. I paid way to much for this thing and didn't do my research. These bandsaws are discontinued rattletraps with a bad reputation.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

If all else fails you could make one. My bandsaw is homemade; the wheels weren't that hard to make.

MRDucks2

I would take down all the dimensions and see if one from Rikon or the like would fit. I have bought parts from their customer support before with no issues.

Scraper_1

If all else fails you could make one. My bandsaw is homemade; the wheels weren't that hard to make.

Yes, I saw your custom build. Very nice. I'm watching bandsaw vids right now. I'm going to try balancing both wheels tonite. If that doesn't do it then I may attempt to make a wheel. If that doesn't work, first $200 buys a project. I fear the top wheel is actually out of round.

jttheclockman

I would not dis that saw. I have an older version and love it. Are you sure it is not the bearings that went bad. How do you know the wheel is out of balance?? It may have been abused before you bought it. But Delta bandsaws are not bad saws.

Why is it whenever anyone gives that replacement site it always comes up not available on my computer. This happens on other sites as well when they refer to that site. I use to use that site all the time for replacement parts. Can anyone explain this for me??

Top Bottom