Bandsaw problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GLENN S

I have a Sears 12 inch bandsaw that worked perfectly for 2 year until a week ago. Now, when I try to slide a piece of wood, (pen blank) it bogs down and comes to a stop. I`ve checked the blade, sharp,and the tension and drive wheels. Everything seems to be in working order. I`m begining to think the motor is going bad. Any ideas????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Yep, sounds like its time to change the brushes in the motor. Just for gins and giggles, check the tension on the drive belt. Probabally not the belt, but really easy to check.

GLENN S

Started tearing it down last night. When i pulled off the lower wheel and exposed the drive pulley, I saw the problem. The key was missing in the pulley. Quick trip tonight to the harware store and she`ll be back to normal tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.

snyiper

May want to be sure it is a shear key as it is designed to shear off like a lawnmower flywheel. This prevents major damage to the motor should there be a bad bind. Any key will work but if it is a steel one it may not shear off when needed ...Just a thought.

Top Bottom