Ballpoint Refills for Rollerball pens? Esp. Havana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I have ALMOST made my first sale (the black palm Havana I showed off earlier this week). However, the customer wants to know whether there's a chance of getting a ballpoint refill for it, since he's a little "sloppy" with RB's. I'm a lefty, which usually means a "sloppy" writer, and don't have any problems with RB pens (love 'em, actually), but I'd like to make sure he's happy. So, does anyone know whether there are any ballpoint refills that can be used in a RB pen like the Havana?

TIA for any help!

JimGo

Man, I can't believe I had to answer my own question!! What good are you people? I mean, heck, I actually had to get off my butt and go to Office Depot and LOOK at the stuff they carried! Sheesh! I come here for instantaneous answers!

Yes, that was all said tongue-in-cheek!!!

I did, however, go to Office Depot, and Cross and Waterman both make extended ballpoint refills that are basically the same diameter and overall length as the rollerball refills. However, the part leading up to where the ball is mounted is longer on the ballpoints than on the rollerballs, and consequently the tip sticks out farther than it's supposed to (I'll try to remember take pics over the weekend to show you the difference). I'm going to try to make an adapter that my customer can use with the ballpoint refill so it will fit in his pen. Probably just going to make it out of some scrap pieces; it doesn't have to be real long. Any suggestions? I was thinking either Corian, Lignum Vitae, or Cocobolo because of the strength of those materials.

JimGo

Thanks Wayne. I don't care for that kit as much as the RB kit because the RB kit includes a cap, where my understanding of the ballpoint is that it is just a twist pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom