BALL POINT PEN CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

BALLPOINT PEN CONTEST​

Here is your opportunity to show off your amazing ball point pen skills that many of you have kept as a well guarded secret!

In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, the contest rules are as follows:

- Any BALLPOINT pen kit EXCEPT SLIMLINES is eligible.
- All work must be completed 100% by the entrant
- No alterations to the actual kit itself
- No laser-cut or CNC blank alterations allowed. Any segmented blanks must be the work of the entrant.
- Only one pen per person may be entered
- Entries are limited to (2) photos. Use your best skills to photograph your pen that will allow it to be viewed most favorably by the voters and
enable them to determine the entry that does the best job with fit and finish.
- Voting will be conducted by all members of the IAP community. Round #1 will be to reduce the field to the top 10 entries if there are more
than 10 entries. Round #2 if needed will be to choose the top 3
- All entries must include the following information:
name of the kit used
brief description of the pen, materials and process
maximum of 2 photos.

- The contest starts on Aug 1st and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Aug. 23rd. Entries received after the cutoff will not be accepted. Please don't
wait until the last minute.
- The public poll will open on Aug 24th and close on Aug 27th at 11:59 p.m.EST.

Please email all entries to me at IAPSUMMERBASH@YAHOO.COM .

Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. All Prizes have been generously donated by ________TBA____________. Please be sure to visit and thank our sponsors for their donations.

VERY IMPORTANT

ONLY pens that have NEVER been posted on this or any other sites are eligible. Please DO NOT post your entry at any time until the end of the contest. This is to keep the identity of the creator hidden until after the voting has been completed for the BASH. The contest organizer will post all entries in the order received.

Any violations of these rules will disqualify the entry.

If you have ANY questions about the rules or your entry please feel free to send me a PM.

We Have Prizes
First Place...from Signature Pen Supply a $50.00 Gift Certificate
Second Place.. from Robutacion a $40.00 Gift Certificate
Third Place ...from Cmiles a box of pen kits worth $35.00

Good luck everyone, let the contest begin~
Cheers
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Finally !!!

baby blank.jpg

Let the bribes, er, I mean entries begin. We want to see all of those amazing works of art that you have been hiding in your shops. C'mon, we know you have 'em, now give 'em up~

And THANK YOU to Mike Redburn for organizing this entire event.

Good luck to each and every one of you in all of the contests.
Cheers~
Bob

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes, You too should enter a contest about making pens. This one is better than some other contests where the chairman is standing on a chair yelling at you to join his contest!

Thanks to the generosity of the members and vendors here at IAP we will be adding a prize to be awarded in a random drawing from any non winning entries into this contest.

The random Prize for this contest is from Wolfdancer and is a SFRB of blanks.

bobleibo

BALLPOINT PEN CONTEST​

Here is your opportunity to show off your amazing ball point pen skills that many of you have kept as a well guarded secret!

We Have Prizes
First Place...from Signature Pen Supply a $50.00 Gift Certificate
Second Place.. from Robutacion a $40.00 Gift Certificate
Third Place ...from Cmiles a box of pen kits worth $35.00

Good luck everyone, let the contest begin~
Cheers
Bob

...and let's not forget that in addition to the fabulous prizes above, the winners will also win one of these limited edition license plates for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ONLY in the Ball Point Pen Contest. No one in any other contest gets one, you 3 will be in an exclusive club that not even I'm allowed in .... that shows you just how exclusive it is!!!
I see a lot of pictures of pens posted here that just might have earned you one of these collector's item plates if you entered the Ball Point Pen Contest
:eek:

Attachments

• summer winner.jpg
    summer winner.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 269

twinsen

Args.... the ballpoint pen competition. This simple little devil thwarted me in the recent BASH. I think it was called the "Pen Kit Competition" and was a limited to 3/8" tube. I was out segmented and my color scheme was lacking.

Is there any minimum or maximum expectation of skill level for this? Are mredburn silverpenpart.com kits allowed?

bobleibo

Args.... the ballpoint pen competition. This simple little devil thwarted me in the recent BASH. I think it was called the "Pen Kit Competition" and was a limited to 3/8" tube. I was out segmented and my color scheme was lacking.

Is there any minimum or maximum expectation of skill level for this? Are mredburn silverpenpart.com kits allowed?

As long as it's a ball point kit, no limits other than what is posted in the original rules above (not kit alterations, no CNC, etc.) which simply means GO FOR IT, show the world what you can do.
Cheers
Bob

bobleibo

FINAL 6 DAYS

Time is running out! Only 6 more days to get your entries in. Don't let the calendar be the thing that stops you from achieving pen makers immortality. Show the world those skills.
Good luck everyone ~
Bob

bobleibo

Entry sent, hope it can find its way through all the smoke!

You mean the smoke that is ALL coming from up your way? Thanks for the gift. It looks like frosted glass everywhere up here. Was kind of hoping the elevation would help us out - wrong~

Yes, your entry made it.......but the picture is very "fuzzy" looking right now :biggrin:

bobleibo

Final 24 hours for a chance to achieve pen maker immortality~ everyone wants to see those works of art that you are hiding from us.
Good luck
Bob

bobleibo

All emails received for entries have been responded to. If you have not received a response, please let me know A.S.A.P.
Good luck to everyone~
Bob

NOTE:
When submitting entries, please include your IAP user name and a brief description of your process. Some entries come in without user name, some with very elaborate explanations and some without. I'm trying to normalize the descriptions as well as remove any identifying info before I post them tonight for VOTING~
Thank you

Last edited:

bobleibo

Almost there

We are quickly approaching the final hour to get your pen entered. Don't forget this contest closes at midnight tonight - Eastern time.

- The contest starts on Aug 1st and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Aug. 23rd.

Cheers
Bob

TonyL

I am neither. And at 52, I realize more and more each that that I know nothing.

bobleibo

"SOME" of you guys have wayyyyyyyy too much time on your hands. If you only had something to keep you occupied like entering a contest or two~ must be kinda' slow over at the slimline contest booth, huh?
Sooooo, right now it's 9:21 PM here which means it is 11:21 somewhere on that other coast so the contest closes in 39 minutes ......

Top Bottom