Bag-O-Mesquite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

These bags of dry Mesquite and available at grocery stores in Oklahoma and Texas. 25 pounds for $11.99.

Most are branches but remember, there is not such thing as a straight Mesquite branch. Some of the branches even have worm holes that can be filled with Turquoise.

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 192

Old Codger

Sorry to see this, but like many 'local' wood, it is often considered 'fire wood'. :>( Mesquite is a wonderful wood to turn and makes a rather drab turning beautiful! Toooo bad that the owner of these mesquite parcels doesn't offer them on woodturning sites for the same price they are selling them as firewood!

ChinaDad

Here in Tennessee they sale bundles of firewood using hickory, oak or cherry. I used to pass the piles at the gas station and not even think about it. I now wonder if there is anything good in the pile and have considered buying a bundle to to play with. I cannot even pass a fallen branch on the side of the road without wondering how it would turn.

I think I am an addict...LOL.

Cmiles1985

A 2 cubic foot bag is about $10 here. I buy it all the time...to cook with. I've found a piece or two that have really nice grain set aside for turning.

Top Bottom