BACOENG chambers and vacuum pumps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brandy

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? They have some vacuum chamber/pump kits that get decent reviews but I hesitate to buy without some opinions from the experienced people here

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

I looked at them when I added my 3 gallon chamber but could not get quite what I wanted. I do not like the pots with the connections on the side which results in a capacity loss at full load.

At the time, I bought what looked to identical set-up/specs to their 3 gallon system with 1" lid and all fittings through the lid. It has worked great. Already had the pump.

Hi,

I use the 12l tempered glass Bacoeng kit with great effect.

I use a container inside the chamber so the pressure gauge on the side is not an issue. When I begin to dye blanks I would have used multiple containers inside the chamber anyways so I don't see it as a big drawback

I bought the plastic top kit first and the lid crazed but amazon replaced no problem.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Randy Fisher

Brandy,

Did you end up buying a Bacoeng kit?
If so, did you buy it directly from Bacoeng or via Amazon or some other third party?
Also, how do you like whatever you did finally get?

Brandy

Brandy,

Did you end up buying a Bacoeng kit?
If so, did you buy it directly from Bacoeng or via Amazon or some other third party?
Also, how do you like whatever you did finally get?
I have not bought anything to stabilize wood yet. I'm still waffling on doing it myself or sending it to someone else. It seems like sending it out would be better financially as well as time wise.

Sixten

I have not bought anything to stabilize wood yet. I'm still waffling on doing it myself or sending it to someone else. It seems like sending it out would be better financially as well as time wise.
I recently purchased the bacoeng 3 gallon vacuum pot. It's really changed the way I cast. Using it to remove air from resin before casting has been great. I've stabilized a few pieces of wood using cactus juice, but nothing serious yet.

Also had to buy a $20 toaster oven for heating and drying the wood, and spent another 6 on a thermometer for it.

One thing I've found is I have to lean on the lid for it to create a seal.

I have my own vacuum pump that I use for my chuck so I can't speak to their pumps.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Bats

One minor warning... I tried repeatedly to get in touch with someone at BacoEng (as well as Ablaze, who sell similar chambers) about sourcing a replacement lid (for one of the smaller acrylic-lidded pots, which I stupidly destroyed by experimenting with Minwax wood hardener), and could never even get a reply.

Vacuum chambers don't exactly have a lot of moving parts to break or require a whole lot of support, though, so this isn't as much of a red flag as it would be on something like a vacuum pump.

Misfit74

I'm looking at stabilizing equipment and need help finding a decent chamber, probably 5gal. I'm a little confused by the lid configurations. Here are two, 5gal & 3gal (pictured below). One the lid is sealed and one the lid has a seal underneath. What's the deal?

Ultimately, I need a recommendation or three about what to buy that is affordable and will get the job done. Here are two I'm looking at, for starters:

Screenshot_20210909-134318_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Misfit74

Screenshot_20210909-145109_Chrome.jpg

I'm looking at stabilizing equipment and need help finding a decent chamber, probably 5gal. I'm a little confused by the lid configurations. Here are two, 5gal & 3gal (pictured below). One the lid is sealed and one the lid has a seal underneath. What's the deal?

Ultimately, I need a recommendation or three about what to buy that is affordable and will get the job done. Here are two I'm looking at, for starters:

View attachment 316694
Problem solved. I think I'll go with this one. How do you decide 5gal over 3gal?

PatrickR

Buy the bigger one if its in your budget. You will have more space for individual containers. Be sure to buy one with a glass top. CJ is hard on acrylic.

Top Bottom