Back to work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Well my house has all new siding as well as paint. took a bit longer than I hoped but at least it is done. I did sneak in a moment or two on my shop so there are at least a few blocks in place. we had a pretty good day yesterday on it so there are now about twice as many blocks up as the picture shows here.

2006522213855_2006_0521Image0001.jpg

anyway, most of the extra projects are out of the way now so I can concentrate on the shop. I think I still have about a month left of my first estimate. still not having to many doughts.
Oh a note of interest. the first use of my shop was roasting marshmellos over an open fire by my family, that explains why it looks more like an outdoor lounge than a shop.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

Daniel,
Please dont post completed pics as I am already jealous and dont think I could take the completed pic.[:D] In all seriosness it even looks good as a patio/barbaque area.
Nolan

Dario

Daniel,

You certainly are doing great!!! Count me among those who admire you (for your persistence, tenacity and hard work).

You will surely enjoy the shop for a long time. Good to see that you are actually enjoying it now!!! [:)]

Johnathan

I know that even the rumor of me wanting a seperate shop built would send my wife to the moon! So, I guess I could build one too but I would need to make room for a sleeping-bag! Lucky Lucky Lucky [8D]

Daniel

Johnathan,
this cost far more than would be apparent.
20 years of planning, agreeing to give up my home and move in to take care of my wifes mother, rebuilding a garage into a bedroom, bathroom and laundry area, remodeling my wifes kitchen so it is larger and has a dishwasher, relandscaping the entire back yard and building the family a huge patio so they can hang out back there, replacing 5 old leaky windows and residing the entire house. painting the new siding. with everything above except the planning part being done in the last 18 months or so, and I'm not getting much grief about a shop [;)]
still have to do the work part though.

arioux

Look a lot like the list my wife gave me when i talked about building myself one[:)]. Great job on yours, and well deserved. Just think about the great time you will have in there, after your wife next list [}:)]

DocStram

Is that a burl I see on the side of the Willow tree hanging over the back of the shop? I'm sure it's a burl. I vote for the tree to come down ..... and send blanks to all of your IAP pals!

Daniel

If my wife had her way you woudl all be welcome to that Willow.
I am determined to show her just how nice a tree it can be. of course if it does develop Burls it's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom