Back to Seam Rippers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Warren White

Warren White

I just finished three more seam rippers from CSUSA. I really like them, and enjoy giving them to friends who sew.

On the two with gold accents, the magnetic catch was very hard to put into the blank. I am fairly sure that the inside of the brass tube was clean, but when I measured another gold catch and a chrome catch they were both the same size. I can only surmise that it was my error in not cleaning the end of the blank carefully enough. Fortunately, there was no damage to the body of the blank.

I asked my wife to pick two blanks that would look good the the gold accents and these are the ones she picked. The purple one was selected by my daughter, and will be her birthday present. I wish my pictures did these justice, but they were taken with my IPhone, and what you see is what you get....:reface:

On a separate topic, and the subject of the last photo, today was my turn to pay it forward, having been introduced to this hobby by a dear friend. I invited a fine gentleman to come and learn how to turn an acrylic pen. The last picture is of a very happy gentleman getting acquainted with a passion shared by members of this forum. At one point, he exclaimed "Woo-ee! Is this fun!"

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg