Back In Black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mg_dreyer

mg_dreyer

So a few weeks back I saw Ed at ExoticBlanks was running a deal on new black kits. I have wanted to make some black and white pens - so here they are ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• ExoticBlanks.jpg
    ExoticBlanks.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 459
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Are those enameled, and does the enamel wear off of the threads when the cap is repeatedly removed and placed back on?

JohnU

Looks great Mark! Love the endless options. I'm thinking a thin blue line blank with a replaced custom blue acrylic ring in the center band.

mg_dreyer

Ed,

To reply to your questions - no I used the standard brass tubes. I paint the insides of the holes - I know many people paint the tubes. Here is my theory on painting the hole - then the light reflects directly after the acrylic. Painting the tubes requires light to go through the acrylic, then the glue then hits the paint. On the way out it has to go through the glue again.

I cover all this in a video I did for the AAW -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2F6I_yUU8Q&t=26s

The color theory starts around the 2 minute 28 second mark. That video also explains the fifth pen - the purple. It is a bright purple blank.

Also found I needed to over drill the hole to accommodate the paint. The bottom was a perfect 10 mm and the top 12 mm (yes not 12.5). The pens look better in person - never claimed to be a photographer.

Thanks,
Mark

OZturner

Great Presentation of Pens Mark,
Excellent Assortment of the Black and White Themed Blanks,
Perfect Concept and Execution with the Black Pens.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom