Back after several years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

run91

Recently I started to do pens again. and I am doing okay. My questions is what are the best glue for gluing up acrylics? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 63

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have used Hardman Double/Bubble for years. We use it where I work for for some pretty demanding applications. The Red (5-minute), Red-2 (3-minute), or Yellow (25-minute) are my preferences. It's a bit spendy, but in the 50-pack it's about $1.20 each. The single use pack will do 2-4 pens easy. I like it because I don't have to worry about a bottle getting all gunked up, and it has a nice long shelf life of 2 years. Although I have used some packs that were 5+ years old with no problems.

howsitwork

I've settled on 24hour curing araldyte expoy . Sets firm after about 2 hours and cures over 24. From RC model aircraft days Ive seen 5 minute become slightly flexible after about 5 years so prefer the slow cure one for that reason. As I had lots that already in and am in no rush I use that.

I tried polyurethane on segmented pens and, with angled cuts I can spot the glue line so was unhappy. People,like them but I could see the flaw so , like others I have moved over to epoxy. I might try the 5 minute stuff for that as leaving each section 24 hours makes segmenting rather slow to say the least.

studioseven

I have used Hardman Double/Bubble for years. We use it where I work for for some pretty demanding applications. The Red (5-minute), Red-2 (3-minute), or Yellow (25-minute) are my preferences. It's a bit spendy, but in the 50-pack it's about $1.20 each. The single use pack will do 2-4 pens easy. I like it because I don't have to worry about a bottle getting all gunked up, and it has a nice long shelf life of 2 years. Although I have used some packs that were 5+ years old with no problems.

I peeked at the Data Sheet to check the shelf life of these epoxies. 24 months. I'll have to try these. Thanks for the tip.

Seven

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome back! The scenery has changed considerably, meaning the old have gotten older! MANY newer faces, and the IQ has increased with them! šŸ˜

Top Bottom