Baby Cradle for first granddaughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PhilW

PhilW

Just finished making this for my so to be first granddaughter. I guess it is not to bad for an amateur :cool:

Attachments

• 135EBA0C-843B-4175-B283-961B593C8B7D.jpg
    135EBA0C-843B-4175-B283-961B593C8B7D.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Awesome! I'm sure it will be cherished for generations. And congrats on the soon to be grandchild. I'm anxious to become a grandad myself, maybe in the next few years...

Skie_M

Make sure you finish it in something non-toxic .... as everybody well knows, anything around a baby WILL go in their mouth, even if it doesn't fit.

MDWine

I had to look twice to see the cradle, all I saw was the shoppy! ;)

In all seriousness, nice work. It will be very gratifying to have that passed around the families as those grandchildren are raised.

BTW, Grandpa, we'll need pictures of that baby too!! ;) Congratulations!

Dieseldoc

Baby Cradle

Phil:

Yes making the first Grand child the cradle was very special for me. Made it in 2003 out of Red oak and Tung oil finish for Summer, Wow!! she getting her driver learning permit this year, how time fly's by.

So far this cradle has been home for Six grand children , have one son yet married so I'm sure it will have more use before Grand children show up.

Attachments

• Cradle.jpg
    Cradle.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 114

PhilW

All, thanks very much for the kudos and well wishes very much appreciated.

Yes, it is a Shopsmith Mark V I bought it new in 1981. Still a great tool for a small shop and is still very accurate. Once the baby is born I'll post a new message. Until then thanks again for the well wishes.

Top Bottom