B-J on a Triton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bethlehem and Jerusalem (what did you THINK that stood for???) Olive wood, on the Triton body.

All comments welcome--yes I have additional blanks available.

Attachments

• IMG_2211-net.jpg
    IMG_2211-net.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_2212-net.jpg
    IMG_2212-net.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2213-net.jpg
    IMG_2213-net.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Folks give these a good look over, YES.....those are real wood by none other than the Resinator! and they are both done well with a great finish, wonder how he does it:question:.

ToddMR

Ed those look great! The grain is really fabulous on those two. I remember the BOW I got from you had such a nice grain too. Spray lacquer eh? No CA? Either way I think they look good.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed those look great! The grain is really fabulous on those two. I remember the BOW I got from you had such a nice grain too. Spray lacquer eh? No CA? Either way I think they look good.

I've done several Olive with CA and I have never liked the result--always got a small (sometimes not so small) white patch under the finish. I was always good with Lacquer--so, I tried it. Had to dry for nearly a week before I could sand it out--but I like the results!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice Job Ed, They look great.

How does the Triton compare to the Jr Gent? or is it more of a Statesman?

The Triton compares to the Jr. Statesman. Same bushings, a little shorter "pen barrel".

About half the price and I know of guys who sell the Triton next to the Jr. Statesman and get equal money for them.

It is available on Exotics, so I am not completely objective.

cowchaser

Well Ed even though I haven't been around in a long time you still amaze me. Didn't think I would ever see you post a wood pen. They do look great though of course. Love the grain of the one on the left.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:eek::eek: All you guys should know I had to learn to crawl (turn wood pens) before becoming a sprinter (acrylics, resins, corncobs, etc).:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Some are happy just crawling.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

glycerine

I've done several Olive with CA and I have never liked the result--always got a small (sometimes not so small) white patch under the finish. I was always good with Lacquer--so, I tried it. Had to dry for nearly a week before I could sand it out--but I like the results!!

Ahhhhh, you've got some patience!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Ahhhhh, you've got some patience!

Not really, we were working on Exotics till midnight every night--I forgot about these pens, until I got back into my shop Saturday!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That's some nicely figured Olivewood!

Where on earth did you get it? :):biggrin::wink:

thanks Lenny--I think I am allowed to answer questions!!!!
Israel--this is the shipment I got a couple weeks ago and there are 500 pieces on Exotics that all look good--these were NOT especially great--but I did drill carefully to maximize the "pretty part".

Buzzzz4

Thank for posting these Ed. Now I'm drooling. My wife explicitly said I could not buy any BOW from Exotics (as I had some in my cart). For some reason she thinks the 10 BOWs in my drawer are enough for now. :rolleyes:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I couldn't agree with her MORE!!!!

But your lonesome BOW would certainly enjoy a few neighbors visiting!!!! So, get the "10 gets you 12" pack of JERUSALEM Olive wood!!!

Certainly she will understand visiting with the neighbors---helping PEACE in the Holy Land!!! Or your holy drawer!!

Skye

Oh, you mean they have a finish? lol (I'm gussing CA/BLO?)
Oh, and the gold plated one looks underturned at the foot.

YOU FORCED THIS ON YOURSELF! LOL

avbill

Several comments:
1. Which wood is B and which is J ?
2. Lacquer has always been the better finish!:wink::wink:
3. Because Ed now sells wood He has to come out - sort of -- and embrace it at times!:):)
4 its also nice to see how [FONT=&quot] "versatile" ED really is!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
[/FONT]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Several comments:
1. Which wood is B and which is J ?
2. Lacquer has always been the better finish!:wink::wink:
3. Because Ed now sells wood He has to come out - sort of -- and embrace it at times!:):)
4 its also nice to see how [FONT=&quot] "versatile" ED really is!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
[/FONT]

They are in alphabetical order!! Bethlehem, Jerusalem!! But, to be honest, the blanks are all pretty well figured--I've turned a fair amount of BOW and its rare to see one with "character".

Actually, I have always turned "higher end" wood pens. But, I was very surprised to see that "Burl wood" was the top term that gets traffic from Google to Exotics. SO, we are expanding our offering of wood, to accommodate what people seem to search for. You ask, we TRY to provide!!!

Top Bottom