B-day bash donations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I was talking with Scott a while back, and he had a neat idea.

As most of you know, Scott was in charge of the Birthday Bash before the big shuffle...he had a neat idea to make all contest prize donations come from the membership itself.

I sort of like the idea...that way, it forms a bit more of a community atmosphere. I've made a few friends from being matched up for pen swaps and the like - this is much the same...

So I just thought I'd toss that out there and see what everyone thought. If we'd rather do it like last year, that's fine too! What's everyone think?

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Hmmmmm ... my honest opinion? I like the idea of a combination of prizes donated by members and vendors. My guess is that member prizes are probably going to end up being about 80% blanks. The prizes from vendors are usually bigger value items. That's just my 2 cents. Let's hear what Cav and the rest of the Management Team are thinking.

LanceD

I agree on soliciting vendors also. Among some of the items donated were some great turning tools, assorted pen kits and some pretty generous gift certificates from CSUSA and Bear Tooth Woods and a couple of other companies. I think a lathe may have been donated also. Those are a few items that you won't get from the general membership.

I'll set up a packet of price tags and stopper bags that I offer for sale and I'm sure you'll get a lot of blanks from the members but there's nothing like having some unique items from some of the larger vendors to get the crowd motivated to participate in the bash.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I don't like the idea of having a contest where all the prizes are coming from the folks that you are trying to get the $$ donation from. Like Doc said, it will be mostly blanks and I can tell you right now that if it is, I will not be buying any raffle tickets since I already have as many blanks as I can use and I only use local woods.

Top Bottom