AZ get together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Well the weather has cooled and I was thinking about having another get together.

Current date I am thinking of is Saturday Dec 2nd. (subject to change)

For anyone who was not around for the last one Dubdrvrkev and I are neighbors in South East Gilbert AZ and between our 2 shops we have 2 mini's and 2 full sized lathes. I will host this one and if we have to many people we can overflow to Kevin's shop (about 50 yards away).

If you are interested in coming please post here. If you are interested but the date is not good let me know we can try to get a date that would be better for everyone.

Format - We can do a general pen turnathon like the last one or we can expand out. Other ideas would be christmas ornament, bowls, pepper mills, ect. If Anthony shows up I would love for him to do something on pipe making. If you would like to attend please post any ideas you may have on anything you would like to see or would be willing to demonstrate.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Mike, you may want to recheck your date. The Woodworking show is coming to Scottsdale Nov 10-12 at Westworld. I was going to post to see if anyone wants to meet there. I am demoing for the AWA Friday eve from 5-7 for the local chapter. (closed end pens)

I would also like to attend the next get together, but with the new store open, I find myself working Saturdays now [xx(] and Sunday is golf [:p]

I would also like to demo on how to smoke a pipe [:D] By the way, do you have any bikes in your garage [:0]

vick

Good point Anthony I forgot about the show. I have changed to an alternative date in the above post.

I have not problem with a Sunday but was afraid that the church going crowd might not want to attend.

Anthony if you have a date you think you could make it throw it out. No bikes in the garage but I do have a tricycle.

I doubt I can make the Westwold show but will talk to the wife.

dubdrvrkev

Works for me, as far as I know. I should be able to haul both the lathes down if we can find somewhere to put them. I'm sure I will still be deep into ornaments by that time so if anybody wants to learn that... well I can show you how I do it anyway, even if it is just for the way not to do it.
Anthony if you like I can bring my bike to hang up in Mikes shop. [:p] Dang tall people.

airrat

I can try to go. I work on saturdays but will see if anyone will pick it up.

Kevin I have seen that lathe and the base. Do you plan on using a fork lift?

Would like to see the ornaments again Kevin. I have made a couple and need to get some more pointers.

OH BOY!! I've been waiting for another one of these[:D] I have another committment on that day (12/2) but they will just have to do without me! I'd love to see some turnings other than pens.[;)] AND I advise any and all AZ turners to come because it is great fun! Guys, if you have something to set it on, I could bring my Jet mini too. Just let me know. Also, lets make it a potluck again![:D] Everybody bring their own beverages & table settings (plates & silverware, napkins if you are messy!) and a dish to pass![:p][8D] SEE YOU ALL THERE!

vick

Shameless bump. Come on AZ lurkers jump on board.

Tom - How about that ne good brother of yours is he going to come?

airrat

Yeah, he does not get to visit the boards as much anymore. Trying to sell his house, take care of 3 girls and a wife. (end all of all) But, I will get him the message.

SteveRoberts

Thanks Mike for the invite, I am booked at a show that weekend, last one of the year of any size, hopefully I will have a good excuse for not being there.

Please let me know if the date changes.

Steve

airrat

I would love to see a good turnout. I know of a few other AZ lurkers and a couple of turners that have not come here yet. Will get them the message.

vick

Originally posted by airrat
<br />I would love to see a good turnout. I know of a few other AZ lurkers and a couple of turners that have not come here yet. Will get them the message.

Tom just let me know. I have a couple other people I could invite as well but wanted to get a count of IAP people first.

vick

Bob just let me know a little while before you come what date you want to stop by. You can spit to Kevin's house from mine and we can post to see if anyone else want to stop by.

Edited in - I just remembers 2-10-07 and 2-11-07 is the big wood turning symosium in AZ.
http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/
I will probably be going and I know Kevin is signed up. If you are going to be in town you may wan to consider signig up to go.

vick

All right folks I am going to take the planning of this offline. I just sent out an e-mail. If anyone did not recieve it let me know and I can correct your mail address on the distro list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom