awwwww man...... watch out Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
So my little brother calls me from Fort Myers Florida. He starts telling me about how far behind he is wit hhis work when i jokingly said i would come down and help him get caught up. Well he called me back and started talking about airplane tickets and when could i leave.

So, Long story short, It looks like i will be in Fort Myers for a couple of months starting in about two weeks. I am looking forward to it, but at the same time i am not looking forward to it at all.. I want to help him with his business, and i know i will make a bank, but my wife will have to stay behind.

The extra bonus is that i will hopefully be able to meet a pen turner or two while i am in Florida, because all of my tools will be in Oklahoma, so i will have to find somewhere to make a pen!! I am planning to fly there, and drive back, and on the way back i will have a few days to enjoy the trip, up through Florida, Louisiana, Texas, and finally Oklahoma. I am going to try to plan some visits along the way! I am also thinking of maybe saving some shipping on resin and getting it while i am in state!!

Anyway, I figured a few here might find this interesting!!

Now i just gotta find cheap airfare again. So far the cheapest i have found is almost $300!:eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:cool:Bar the doors, hide the children, and lock up the women! Oh yeah and put your secret id numbers on all your pen stuff.:eek::eek::eek:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounds awesome Ron. Enjoy the heat, but you're probably used to it in Oklahoma. Watch out for the gorgeous women down there, as there are plenty of them. Also you better be back in time for me to come out in October.

RAdams

Banned
Oh don't worry brother! I will be back in time for your visit for sure! In fact, I am already planning activities for us while you are here! Pick up a new metal lathe (Hopefully) go see the Antuque pen shop, go meet Roy and everyone else at the chapter meeting, some pool, som Bar-b-Que, some hanging out, casting, pen making, etc. etc. etc. etc.!!!

P.S. I spent a few months down in Ft. Myers a couple of years ago so i know what you mean about the beautiful women! And asan extra bonus, if you go to Ft. Myers beach, they wear almost nothing!!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Looking forward to a picture of the dreads in a hurricane - and the metal lathe you will buy with the bank. Enjoy the sights.

RAdams

Banned
Looking forward to a picture of the dreads in a hurricane - and the metal lathe you will buy with the bank. Enjoy the sights.

Well..... If i go down there, the Dreads will stay in Oklahoma:eek:, which is sad because it took me a year of growing hair to even start them. It is hard enough to do Residential Floor covering with tattoo's below the elbow. The dreadlocks would probably stop alot of potential customers. I will shave, and get a hair cut and all that so i look at least half way respectable.

RAdams

Banned
Have a good trip. And if you come back through Houston, be sure to PM me.

I just may come through H-Town no matter!! I have always wanted to visit that city, and this might be my opportunity!!

roddesigner

Ron
now I know why we have got our first tropical storm warning a month early forming off shore now
your welcome to visit my insanity if you are in the Tampa bay area

RAdams

Banned
Cris, reply sent!!!

I actually have to go to Tampa when i leave to see another turning buddy. I will be posting more details as they come up!!

RAdams

Banned
You know... After a little more thought, I think it would be a prettier and funner ride if i went from Florida up to South Carolina, N. Carolina, Tennessee, into Kentucky!! I have several good friends up that direction that i really need to go visit!

DennisM

You know... After a little more thought, I think it would be a prettier and funner ride if i went from Florida up to South Carolina, N. Carolina, Tennessee, into Kentucky!! I have several good friends up that direction that i really need to go visit!

Well heck, if you take that route, might as well swing up into Illinois and say Hi, then you can head up to Racine Wi and see Ed, then back down home...

:)

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounds like one hell of a road trip. As always my couch has your name on it if you decide to swing by the Bluegrass State.

RAdams

Banned
LOL ! Not sure the kids are ready :biggrin: No offense intended Ron :wink: Have a good visit

I do really good with kids! My wife tells me it is because i am a perpetual 12 year old!!! I like to fly kites, and play with matchbox cars, and throw frisbees, and all that stuff! Make mud pies... whatever! :biggrin:

RAdams

Banned
I dont know about Ill. and Cali, but i do indeed think i can make it to Kentucky!!

Ernie, You already know you are on the list brother! Todd, You, Gary, My daughter, maybe a few others too!!!

Now i am getting excited about this for real! Gonna be fun!!!

RAdams

Banned
I forgot to mention....

I AM SMOKE FREE!

I had to quit keeping track of days and hours and all that.... I had a few puff a couple of nights ago while playing video games, otherwise i am DONE! (I think my lungs are busy healing... They sure are giving me fits the last day or so... coughing and such)

Top Bottom