Awright, how many of you have a dirty mind

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

We intended to only put in 2 or 3 squash plants, but the pot had several plants started, so I split them and plant 8 plants... we have 2 golden zucchini's, 3 regular zucchini's, and 3 crook neck squashes... good thing we like squash and zucchini.... here is one of the crook necks I picked tonight...

Attachments

• new 066.jpg
    new 066.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 246
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

NOBODY likes accorn squash more then I do.
Last year we started eating from our garden squash in August........picked them in Oct.......ate the last of them in Jan.

And when possible.......we have squash 2-3 times a week.
Nothing better then baked squash. I just wish we could have a garden 11 months out of the year.

NOBODY likes accorn squash more then I do.
Last year we started eating from our garden squash in August........picked them in Oct.......ate the last of them in Jan.

And when possible.......we have squash 2-3 times a week.
Nothing better then baked squash. I just wish we could have a garden 11 months out of the year.

I'll come a close second with you on the acorn squash... my wife bakes them with butter and brown sugar in the center... yuuuuuuuummmmm!

When I was a kid in east Texas, I wouldn't touch squash... just think of all those years I missed out... never heard of Zucchini until I moved to California after the navy... not many ways you can fix them that I won't eat. This is the first year we've ever grown the golden zucchini... they're delicious too. The wife just got one of those little machines that shreds the zukes to make spaghetti strips out of them... hope they freeze well. We'll have squash well into the winter.

nava1uni

Squash is great. I live in California and can grow it 8 months of the year. Your squash looks like a tush to me. I like to let the squach grow large and then stuff and bake it. It is so yummy.

Squash is great. I live in California and can grow it 8 months of the year. Your squash looks like a tush to me. I like to let the squach grow large and then stuff and bake it. It is so yummy.

Cindy,
I lived up in Novato for a year with my kids... my daughter (about 14 at the time) wanted to do a garden... I spaded up one end of the yard at the end of the rent house.... we planted corn, beans and squash - actually zucchini -- I'd never grown them before since as farmers in Texas we didn't know about the variety... my mom grew crook necks, turbans and maybe another variety... she probably was the only one who ate them though... anyway, the zucchini was prolific... I didn't pick for a couple of days and when I did go out to look, I had several that looked more like watermelons than squash...

Night before last, Dianne took one that was about 9-10 inches long, split down the middle, dug out the seeds, then filled with ground meat, cheese and tomatoes with quinoa on the side... normally she would use ground turkey, but for this she used beef... was delicious.

Top Bottom