Awesome and economical tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phixius

I'm new but my mentor lead me to this awesome little tool and I thought I'd pass along the info. This little is used to cut brass tubes. I was using a mini pipe cutter but this tool is much better. It's a mini 2" cut-off saw (Chop saw) This little tool cost me a whopping 22.83 after tax at Harbor Freight using their Everytime you shop little 20% off in store flyer. You can score it cheaper If you run across the 40% off coupon they had perodically. Does great mini cuts and lots 3x faster than a pipe cutter and much more accurate. There may be others that have ideas that work but this one is awesome
20190523_210207.jpg
20190523_210145.jpg
IMO. Happy Turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Looks useful ... would like to get one. How well does the angle adjustment work ?

But with only a 2" blade you couldn't cut pen blanks, I wouldn't think.

WarEagle90

I've had one for a couple years and use it to cut strip wood for making train models. It has quite a few hours on it with no issues. It's depth of cut is only about 3/8" maybe up to 1/2". Definitely not 3/4". For cutting small stock it is well worth the money. The miter gauge is ok. For model work it is fine, but its not accurate enough for fine detail miters.

Phixius

It's a useful (but short-lived) little tool for cutting brass tubes - I went through several of them before I finally bought a Proxxon.
The Proxxon I looked at is 250$ I can buy 10 of the other before one Proxxon. The store clerk was bragging he uses his to cut copper for plumbing. Keeps his oiled, going strong after 6years. Dunno we will see....

Curly

I wanted to get one but being on this side of the border I had to call to order and they waited something stupid like $75+ for shipping. That plus the saw, Customs charges, taxes and exchange made it a no way tool for me. Hope it holds up for you guys.

Phixius

I wanted to get one but being on this side of the border I had to call to order and they waited something stupid like $75+ for shipping. That plus the saw, Customs charges, taxes and exchange made it a no way tool for me. Hope it holds up for you guys.
I could look at what it would cost me to get and ship to you?

Curly

I could look at what it would cost me to get and ship to you?

That's really very generous of you and I appreciate the offer but I'll decline.

After finding importing a dead end I took an air die grinder and made a wood frame on a hinge to hold it. A slitting saw completed it and I cut several hundred tubes that way. Now I use my metal lathe, 5C collet chuck with stop and a parting tool. Not the fastest way but consistent.

Sataro

Nice little chop saw. Mine is still going strong after 4-5 years now. I only use it for cutting tubes to size. Been through several blades but easy to replace.

sbwertz

I have two of them...one at home and one at the blind center for cutting tubes. Neither has given me any trouble, I've replaced the blade on the one at home that I've had for about five years. HF carries the replacement blades in a two-pack.

1shootist

I have two of them...one at home and one at the blind center for cutting tubes. Neither has given me any trouble, I've replaced the blade on the one at home that I've had for about five years. HF carries the replacement blades in a two-pack.
Could I trouble you and ask a question..how in the world do you replace the circular blade on these things ? I removed the little covers for the blade aswell as the one for the belt. It looks like you simply unscrew the philips head single screw in the center of the blade. I can't budge the screw either direction, not knowing if it's reverse threaded or not....Is there a way that I can't see to secure the blade from spinning when trying to loosen it..I've just been using vice grips to hold the blade but still can't budge it. I've had this little thing for several years and it's in dire need of a new blade.
Thank you !

Woodchipper

Tubing cutters taper the ends of the tubing- like to have a nickel for every time i cut tubing that way. I do wish Woodcraft sold the tubing in long lengths for custom work or replacing an "Oops" situation.

johngmccune

I'm new but my mentor lead me to this awesome little tool and I thought I'd pass along the info. This little is used to cut brass tubes. I was using a mini pipe cutter but this tool is much better. It's a mini 2" cut-off saw (Chop saw) This little tool cost me a whopping 22.83 after tax at Harbor Freight using their Everytime you shop little 20% off in store flyer. You can score it cheaper If you run across the 40% off coupon they had perodically. Does great mini cuts and lots 3x faster than a pipe cutter and much more accurate. There may be others that have ideas that work but this one is awesome View attachment 219825View attachment 219826IMO. Happy Turning
I came to the Forum today looking for suggestions on how to cut brass tubes, so am delighted to see this recommendation! I'm off to Harbor Freight in a minute! I'd tried various saws and a friend's pipe cutter, but nothing worked.

Top Bottom