Australian Willow with a difference...! closing 31/8/2010

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

Hi everyone,

This time I have something a lot simpler to explain nor I have a story/background for it apart from the fact that I found this single log at the local old wood-mill, when I went around looking for something new and different.

According to the mill owner, he picked up that log by mistake (thrown in the back of the truck) when he picked up some large pine tree logs from a property near by. When he got back to the mill, then truck was downloaded and there was this log that was part of a large willow tree that was cut near the pines and was cut into small logs to be burnt together with all the branches and other rubbish...!

This log as been rolling around the mill for a couple of years, and no one ever wanted to do anything with it until, "moi" saw it and brought it home, not without getting away with the payment of a 6 pack beer...!:eek:

When I got home and sliced this Willow log in half, I knew that I had some nice wood, some spalted but a lot more colourful and nicer grain than lots of willow I have stored...!

I cut 1 round blank and half a dozen square blanks from one half (already listed on eBay) and the other half was all cut into pen blanks, mostly diagonal cut, only a few straight cut, that I have been keeping for the right opportunity to run a add in here for them first.

I divided them in 3 groups;

*- Straight cut spalted (10 blanks)

*- Diagonal spalted (36 blanks)

*- Diagonal non-spalted (62 blanks)

I have decided to advertise these blanks now, as they can be a excellent option to add as a overseas shipping companion to my other recent blanks, the vine ones. What I mean is, while the vine ones, when ready for shipping in 2 weeks time (still not dry, sanded, identified and waxed for protection), are still heavy, and the same postal box that will be use to ship the 8 vine blanks for 500gr, has still room for another 10 blanks of any wood type (box capacity 18 pen blanks).

These Willow blanks are very light and I can fit 8 full blanks for 250gr, this means that, is going to be quite possible to use the same postal box to ship double of the blanks for an extra 250gr. which means that instead of paying AU$15.70 regular air-mail or AU$21.10 Express Post for 500gr, you will pay AU$21.85 regular air-mail or AU$27.25 for 750gr.

Each Willow blank will sell @ AU$1.00 regardless if straight spalted, diagonal spalted or not. This is it of this lot, unless you want to cut pen blanks out of the square and round blanks made from the other half log...!

Due to the limited number of these blanks available, and the 3 different types made from them, I think reasonable to request those interested, NOT to select too many of each variety but instead have a mix of the whole 3 in a percentage ration as the numbers available, for example 1 x straight, 3 x diagonal spalted and 6 x diagonal non-spalted...! This would allow a number of members to get an identical number of blanks to play with.

Post here or by PM your request and I will sort things out from there...!

If you have a specific request, outside of my suggestion above, don't hesitated to contact me...!:wink:

PS: This "add" is only valid for 2 (two) weeks, only. Blanks not sold will be listed on eBay after that...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC08391.jpg
    PIC08391.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 341
  • PIC08388.jpg
    PIC08388.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 257
  • PIC08394.jpg
    PIC08394.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 257
  • PIC08395.jpg
    PIC08395.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 228
  • PIC08392.jpg
    PIC08392.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 265
  • PIC08262.jpg
    PIC08262.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 283
  • PIC08263.jpg
    PIC08263.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 266
  • PIC08265.jpg
    PIC08265.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 256
  • PIC08266.jpg
    PIC08266.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I would like to say thank you to those that order some of these blanks from me...!

As predicted, all Willow blanks sold were indeed to complement the weight and box size of the vine blanks I had on sale on another thread/add, being so light they were ideal to fill the vine boxes, utilizing the box capacity, without mu extra weight added...!

These blanks (what is left of them) will also be listed on my eBay store very soon, if you require some, that's where you will find them...!:wink:

Thank you
Best regards
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom