August Tap and Die Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

whteglve

We're looking pretty good so far. That being said, I haven't received payments from 4 members so far. No, I'm not going to list them, but I did double check to be sure I'd sent them their totals. Thanks to Carl. :)

Carl Fisher

You would have caught it eventually ;) I was just concerned when I hit a post the other day that reminded me that the deadline was 8/20 and I hand't heard from you.

Thanks for your hard work on this buy.

Quality Pen

poltergeist.jpg

whteglve

I'm sorry guys, but I've been dealing with some flooding issues over the last few days thanks to Joaquin. The constant rain has saturated the ground and pointed out a couple clogs in the foundation drains.

All orders are dry and safe. They will be shipped by Wednesday at the lastest. I really apologize for the delay.

Wpixley

Received mine today as well. Thanks for the effort of putting this together. Now if I can find someone to teach me how to use them properly it would be great.

Quality Pen

Received mine today, and I'm a neophyte when it comes to this but I need to ask, is it OK that the TiN coating is not covering the surface? It seems, to my novice mind, that it is an incomplete coating, but I need to ask.

Here is a photo:

On the larger die the cutting threads are all coated but the outside is not, but on the smaller die the cutting threads at the end are actually not coated.

I don't know if this is OK.

Thank you.

Attachments

• del tapanddie buy.jpg
    del tapanddie buy.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 194

whteglve

Received mine today, and I'm a neophyte when it comes to this but I need to ask, is it OK that the TiN coating is not covering the surface? It seems, to my novice mind, that it is an incomplete coating, but I need to ask.

Here is a photo:

On the larger die the cutting threads are all coated but the outside is not, but on the smaller die the cutting threads at the end are actually not coated.

I don't know if this is OK.

Thank you.

I will find out. I've already emailed the company and I'll be calling them later in the day.

whteglve

For those of you that ordered the TiN coating on your tap(s) and die(s), I need you to look at them. If they look as though the coating didn't completely cover the thread cutting surfaces please let me know. It seems as though I missed checking this when I was sorting and packing them.

Attachments

• del tapanddie buy.jpg
    del tapanddie buy.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 186

larrystephens

For those of you that ordered the TiN coating on your tap(s) and die(s), I need you to look at them. If they look as though the coating didn't completely cover the thread cutting surfaces please let me know. It seems as though I missed checking this when I was sorting and packing them.

Mine looks exactly like the picture, it does not seem to be a problem on the 14, but the coating on the 12 does not cover all the threads on one side.

duncsuss

I bought a set of 14mm tap and die.

The tap appears to be fully coated.

The die is fully coated on the front face (the one with the writing), but has the "blotchy pattern" on the reverse face.

It looks like 2 of the 5 cutting surfaces are without coating on the final few threads.

jttheclockman

I got mine today and did check it. The tap is well coated and the die has the threads well coated which is the important thing. The one side has 2 rings as you show and that is probably from the method they suspend these to coat them. To me no big deal and I am satisfied with this group buy.

I would like to thank you for putting together. I have a complete set now so there is no more excuses for me not to put them to work.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom