August 4th Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dustygoose

It's getting closer. I'm back in Texas but looking forward to the meeting.

I'm thinking hamburgers, beans, and tater salad. And bring what you want to drink.

Remember the pen swap, Limit is $10.00

For demo I was thinking of a quick showing of how I do Celtic knots. I use a table saw with a cheap home made sled. And or an easy metal inlay using scrollsaws.

I can show my cheap set up for how I sharpen my tools too.
Any other Ideas. I have 2 lathes one VS and a turncrafter pro

I'm guessing we will start at 10. I have a large floor fan I hope it will be enough. Last week it was 106.

Address is 277A South Broadview ST. Greenbrier, Ar
It's approx 7 miles north of I-40 on hwy 65. When I get home I'll take pics of landmarks and post here.
AT&T cell (337) 580-3219 Home (501) 679-7596

Hope to see ya'll there.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Knucklefish

Not the heat it's the....fun!

Hey Joe, sounds great! I can't wait. Let me know if I can do/bring anything to help you get set.
I recently got a Ring Master lathe tool and would be willing to bring it as a demo if you want. it's a bit different than turning on a conventional lathe but never the less very cool and interesting way to create bowls. Let me know what you think.
John​

BSea

I thought I'd do an alumilite casting demo. It's pretty quick, and we get to see the results before we leave. But it requires a compressor, and mine is a little to big to bring. So if you have 1 I'd be all set. And I'll bring some dip & chips.

Dustygoose

I have a compressor pipped in and it has the 1/4" Quick connects. I would love to see the alimilite demo as I was thinking of trying.

John, sounds good.

I was thinking burgers, beans and potato salad. If someone has a snack in mind either let me know or maybe bring it.

I gotta clean shop too...lol. Lots of shavings

SDB777

I can watch and eat stuff:eek:

Hopefully it'll be a little cooler then 106F. Wife can't take the heat like I can, and I don't even like 106F!

Scott (sounds fun, like weight-watchers sweatin' oldies) B

SDB777

Scott, she can go in the house as often as she wants. I'll try to keep demo's short as possible.

Man, I gotta clean the shop... it's a mess

I'll let her know, she might change her mind and come....but as it stands right now-with the weather forecast on temps.....ecky hot. She'd need up sick for a week in the heat.

Clean? Why, we all have stuff in the shop for cushoining the soles of our shoes, I call it floor buffer....some might call in sawdust?

I'll be there!
Scott B

SDB777

Guess this is as good of a spot as any....

Big thanks to Joe for opening up his shop and home to us for this meeting. Demos(Celtic Knot, Alumalite-pressure pot, and bowl from a board) were all awesome! Food was outstanding! And the swap was pretty fun too.

Could have been 10 degrees cooler, but we probably got off lucky considering what the temps had been earlier in the week. Besides, I could stand to sweat off a few pounds anyway!

Again....thanks Joe!

Scott (t'was too much fun) B

TDE

I would like to thank Joe also for the use of his shop ,cool house and the great food. Good to see everyone again. It's always good to get together in the shop. I have to make a jig for the celtic knot, Joe made it look easy. Happy turning, Ted

Knucklefish

Thanks Joe!

Hey Joe just wanted to drop you a quick note to say THANKS for having us over on Saturday. I love you shop and the food was great.
Really appreciate it Sir!
John P.

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
sorry i missed it,, sounds like a great time was had by all.,, congrads to all as this was the first year mark,,

BSea

These things keep getting better & better. Our 1st PITH swap, a cool celtic knot demo along with John's bowl from a board demo. It would have been perfect if that idiot doing the alumilite demo would have remembered to stir the colors in the blanks.:frown::confused:

Thanks Joe for hosting, and I think you win for the most toys.

McBryde

Thanks again for letting us invade your shop and home, I had a good time, and found the Celtic knot demo really cool, I have to make me one of those jigs when I get another table saw. I guess that I could do the same thing on a bandsaw though, with a little adjustments. Was really cool to see how they were made though.

Emerson

Top Bottom