Auditioning a new model

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Humongous

Humongous

Found this guy in a box of art supplies and thought I would play around. Not sure if he will be used much, let me know if it is too distracting. I tried to bokeh him out a bit. Don't worry you wont hurt his feelings.

First is a Designer in a Woodcraft Neon Lime blank. Painted the inside white and the pearl really pops. Hadn't done acrylic in a while and forgot how nice it is to go right to polishing.

Second is an somewhat plain piece of olive on a Trimline. Love turning this stuff even if it's kind of boring.

Thanks for looking.

20210529_145401.jpg

20210529_145612.jpg

20210529_150424.jpg20210529_150647.jpg20210529_150720.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

Great looking pens and I like your new pen stand :). I make the Designer frequently when I am making a gift as it has a nice matching letter opener...

magpens

I find the nudity of the model a huge distraction !!!

Apart from that, I like the pens ... well done !!!

But .... PLEASE .... cover it up !!!!!

Wmcullen

Having a wooden mannequin hold an olive pen is like having a cow flaunt dry-aged New York strip steaks.
Where does one end and the other begin? :)
Seriously, these are fun pics of very nice pens! Thanks for showing them.

Humongous

Having a wooden mannequin hold an olive pen is like having a cow flaunt dry-aged New York strip steaks.
Thanks Cullen, you're right it is quite ironic. The more I think about it, the model was very quiet during the session. I should have sensed that something was amiss.

howsitwork

Love the idea and the pens look good too. I like the way the you have tapered the olive wood towards the clip to give a rounded top yet it doesn't look too fat at the "waist" as it where.

great work, maybe to spare Mals sensitivity you could strategically cover or shade certain areas? Have he / she posed with a miniature beer to add drool appeal?

Top Bottom